Running cold and flat battery related?

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi
I appear to have 2 issues with my LC 180 on AUQ engine code.

I have noticed recently that sometimes, it is not getting up to normal operating engine temperature. It normally shows 90 on the temp guage approx half way, however sometimes its showing only a quarter way up the gauge even after driving it for same period of time which would normally get it up to temperature.

I'm not sure if this is a problem, or it's just different or possibly even weather related.

The main problem i have is with the battery discharging frequently.

I have done a search and also done a fuse pull session one by one with an amp meter attached inline to the battery. i haven't been able to identify if any circuits are stayin on, but the amp meter is showing more of a drain then u would expect when the car is switched off and locked.

I've checked all interior lights ICE etc all off, and its not boot light or glove box light.

The battery has been replaced also, as it was taking about 4-5days for it to discharge if i did not drive it, however recently it has been discharging in under a day.

The car starts fine with Jump leads or a jump pack.

I was reading about a fan control unit or something being a possibly culprit drawing power when engine off, where abouts is that located?

any ideas from anyone else? is running cold related to the battery problem?

would VAG com help ?

any help much appreciated.

inertia

Hi
I appear to have 2 issues with my LC 180 on AUQ engine code.

I have noticed recently that sometimes, it is not getting up to normal operating engine temperature. It normally shows 90 on the temp guage approx half way, however sometimes its showing only a quarter way up the gauge even after driving it for same period of time which would normally get it up to temperature.

I'm not sure if this is a problem, or it's just different or possibly even weather related.

The main problem i have is with the battery discharging frequently.

I have done a search and also done a fuse pull session one by one with an amp meter attached inline to the battery. i haven't been able to identify if any circuits are stayin on, but the amp meter is showing more of a drain then u would expect when the car is switched off and locked.

I've checked all interior lights ICE etc all off, and its not boot light or glove box light.

The battery has been replaced also, as it was taking about 4-5days for it to discharge if i did not drive it, however recently it has been discharging in under a day.

The car starts fine with Jump leads or a jump pack.

I was reading about a fan control unit or something being a possibly culprit drawing power when engine off, where abouts is that located?

any ideas from anyone else? is running cold related to the battery problem?

would VAG com help ?

any help much appreciated.

This is rather a strange concidence but i've had exactly the same issues as you recently.

I have changed my CTS and thermostat but still have temp gauge issues. And I keep waking up to a flat battery, even though it's brand new?

electrical gremlins?

Last edited by a moderator:

MrTrEv

now u mention it mine had flat battery at the point of when my water temp guage was dead. changed the CTS y'day and run it then and gauge is working again and have had a new battery fitted aswell so i wonder if they all linked somehow. i dont have a multi meter so if u do check the current on it and seems excessive let me no

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.