Running in period for FR Tdi + bluetooth question

proaxis2

Hi Guys

Should hopefully be getting my FR Tdi in the next couple of weeks, been waiting since June!!

Just wondered what the running in period and limit is for a diesel as only had new petrols before.

It may say this in the manual, but most of us are men and we don't read manuals or instructions.;)

I won't personally be picking it up from a dealer as it's a company car so will be getting delivered hence why I can't ask them either.

Also anyone know if the Orange SPV's work with the bluetooth. There not even mentioned on the Seat list.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
:wave: Welcome to SCN.

Have a look in the FAQ's in the TDI section - there's more info in there than you can shake a stick at. Dont granny it and put the miles on the clock!

Last edited:

sssstew

Editing your spelling
yep agreed, dont granny it around for the first 1000miles like everyone/manual says, you wont be doing yourself/the engine much benefit. Just make sure its warmed up properly, ie take it easy, once the oil is up to temp just drive it normally. Its all been discussed with links in the TDI FAQ at the top of the tdi section like johnsey says.

safcnige

new cars dont need a running in period now only high performance petrol turbo cars. i didnt bother giving my fr tdi a run in just thrashed it from the word go and now after 3500 miles its nice and run in

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.