Running rough - coilpack?

miatex

Jul 13, 2007
Hello, I am currently looking for the coilpack part number... The one I removed is 06B 905 115 L, I know that the previous post mentions the newer version, but my seat is not a Cupra R, it is the 1.8T standard Leon... Do they carry the same coilpacks?

Thanks!!

Miatex

james_cupra

Nov 25, 2011
South Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi everyone, just read through this thread, very helpful so thanks for that! I too are getting these symptoms. rough idle when starting cold, juddering higher up in the revs, EML flashing, and the backfires. Last week i had a vagcom done and it showed that cylinder 1 was to blame. so i changed that coil and the problem still occurs. After reading this thread i went out side and started the car from cold, and unplugged each plug 1 by 1, and all of them changed the engine tone, i also noticed when i started the car it seemed to be idling fine, suggesting one is on its way out and maybe being a little temperamental just now? yesterdays cold start the idle was terrible and chose not to drive it but todays seemed fine?

any help appreciated! James

miatex

Jul 13, 2007
Hi everyone, just read through this thread, very helpful so thanks for that! I too are getting these symptoms. rough idle when starting cold, juddering higher up in the revs, EML flashing, and the backfires. Last week i had a vagcom done and it showed that cylinder 1 was to blame. so i changed that coil and the problem still occurs. After reading this thread i went out side and started the car from cold, and unplugged each plug 1 by 1, and all of them changed the engine tone, i also noticed when i started the car it seemed to be idling fine, suggesting one is on its way out and maybe being a little temperamental just now? yesterdays cold start the idle was terrible and chose not to drive it but todays seemed fine?

any help appreciated! James

I changed all the coilpacks, and still the idle was not right, it turned out that additionally from the coilpacks being gone (Lack of power was the main symptom), I had some vaccuum lines broken, this was fixed and now the idle is great..

Hope this helps!!

miatex

Cupra555fire

Did the same went to the Steelers last week and had 4 fitted for free. Seat product recall on Coil Packs it's worth a phone call

Black magic 03 LC, Custom code ph1, LCR alloys, Koni fsd, Eibach pro springs, Green filter, 007p, THS dbm, fabia wiper, LCR splitter, 4300k hids, spacers 10-15

nally270lb.TQE

Nov 29, 2011
gloucester
great thread here took a while to find. already posted elsewhere long time members must be sick of newbies like me posting same old stuff. i got the burnt egg smell too however some people seem to be able to drive thir car. i dont have any power and when idling it is almost like its going to stall. hopefully its only one gone as my local parts dealer only has one left and and i have long drive tomo.

barrym381

great thread here took a while to find. already posted elsewhere long time members must be sick of newbies like me posting same old stuff. i got the burnt egg smell too however some people seem to be able to drive thir car. i dont have any power and when idling it is almost like its going to stall. hopefully its only one gone as my local parts dealer only has one left and and i have long drive tomo.

check with the dealer to see if your car is due the coil-packs under re-call before u spend any cash on it:)

gaterpotata

i have got the same problems as phillc dodgy spluttering and that eggy smell so after reading all you answers im convinced that it is the coil pack are they hard to change and where can i get such a part from?? any help would be great thanks

gaterpotata

i have changed the broken in half coil pack but its still running rough and now the engine management light has come on what else could cause this spluttering and the light to come on????

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
definitely give the dealer a call to check if the service recall/bulletin for replacement coils includes your car - as far as I can gather it's only 132kw engines that haven't been recalled before. I've recently had 4 shiny new ones in my VRS octavia :D

clarky_gtr

i have a terrible flat spot between 1500-2500 rpm when cold and even sometimes when warm. Anyone else had this issue and found it to be coilpacks?

if not im guessing maf?

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
coilpack issues will show under load as a distinct misfire, either at the point of peak torque/boost where cylinder pressures are highest or at higher rpm with boost. It's unlikely to be coilpacks if you just get a flat spot that low down. Try driving it with the MAF disconnected, if it's improved then there's a faitr chance the blame lies with MAF

tlewis14

i seem to have a similar problem with mine, took it out for a spin last night and found the car to 'splutter' at around 3k revs, giving it some welly to find if problem persisted and got the same issue in the same rev range and the engine management light started flashing so immediately pulled over and turned off. re-started after 5mins light hasnt come back on but issue persists, only had car a few days havent got a clue about seats, always been into vauxhalls. looking through the forums a couple of people have had same issue and seemed to be coil packs, fingers crossed its that simple!! spare one was given with car when bought but havnt had a look under bonnet to find where it goes so need as much help as possible to sort this as now im shi*ing myself at the moment.

tlewis14

exactly the same issue with mine, with me it seems to start to splutter when i hit 3k revs. anything under is fine. im praying its something as simple as coil packs. any luck with yours?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Both sound like Coils to me, if the car is fine under low revs but splutters under load, if you can get someone to put it on vag-com it should tell you which cylinder it is. If you can replace all four as when ones goes others normally follow.

tlewis14

cheers for the reply phil, like i said ive got a supposed new spare given with car, someone mentioned pulling one out at a time to find the faulty one, seen the ones on ebay £88 for four with lifetime warranty?? has changing the coil packs on yours sorted it? also silly question... as im new to this whats vag-com? im assuming diagnostic machine?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.