RVC reversing camera installed

zen kun

Speed addict
Sep 28, 2016
Cool that fine, that's answered my question.
Your taking the positive supply from outside the car from an AC to 12v DC transformer powered by the mains and you taking your Earth/GND from the car (the cars battery negative -) :blink:
That's just another reason, on top of the others why your having problems getting it to work correctly

What you need to do before you do anything else, is put that transformer back where it came from :D
And connect your camera to the cars electric system, your going to have to at some point anyway, so you may as well do it now, cos how your trying to power it at the moment is just putting you on a hiding to nothing.

Wire it all up how I described in my earlier post and hopefully, assuming you haven't damaged the camera, it should all work as intended.

Anyway let us know how you get on or you need help getting the 12 volt supply :)

Thanks for your help, maybe i did something wrong, or maybe the "relay" must be connected in other way...., anyway, i ended removing the camera relay, and i used mine and followed another tutorial, and works now!!! i still have few interferance but i can see what is behind now,
i read i need a filter, a 10,000µf capcitor as filter,i cannot find yet, but at least is working with some lines but i can see at least,someone else using the capacitor as filter or do you know what can i use as filter?
and thanks to all for the help!!!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Thanks for your help, maybe i did something wrong, or maybe the "relay" must be connected in other way...., anyway, i ended removing the camera relay, and i used mine and followed another tutorial, and works now!!! i still have few interferance but i can see what is behind now,
i read i need a filter, a 10,000µf capcitor as filter,i cannot find yet, but at least is working with some lines but i can see at least,someone else using the capacitor as filter or do you know what can i use as filter?
and thanks to all for the help!!!

I assume that's what is in the filter I used (see my post on page 9)

But using a relay with the reverse signal as the switch should effectively do the same job.

Last edited:

zen kun

Speed addict
Sep 28, 2016
I assume that's what is in the filter I used (see my post on page 9)

But using a relay with the reverse signal as the switch should effectively do the same job.

Yeah exactly what i need, sadly they dont ship to Mexico :(
i will try to do the capacitor thing :|
Thanks!!!

marlop

Another option to avoid interference from reversing light is turning up its voltage (from 80% to 100%):

1. [09 - Cent. Elect]
2. [Security Access - 16] => 31347
3. [Adaptation - 10]
(6)-Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert AB29
4. Change from 100 to 127

With this modification there's no need of filters or relays, and the reverse light will be a bit brighter, something desired by those who don't like having just a candle ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Another option to avoid interference from reversing light is turning up its voltage (from 80% to 100%):

1. [09 - Cent. Elect]
3. [Adaptation - 10]

With this modification there's no need of filters or relays, and the reverse light will be a bit brighter, something desired by those who don't like having just a candle ;)

Interesting - wonder if the same would apply if you've replaced the factory fitted filament type bulb with a led type bulb.

Also with this increase from 100% to 127% could this possibly overcome the DAB radio signal being blocked when in reverse, if you've changed your reverse bulb to a led bulb ?

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Interesting - wonder if the same would apply if you've replaced the factory fitted filament type bulb with a led type bulb.

Also with this increase from 100% to 127% could this possibly overcome the DAB radio signal being blocked when in reverse, if you've changed your reverse bulb to a led bulb ?

It made mine brighter.
But still get interference in reverse on the DAB

Deleted member 98136

Thanks for that dw911

Find the reversing light very poor, having to apply slight pressure on brake pedal to get more light to rear whilst reversing, now gonna have to get the OBDeleven and increase reversing light level.

zen kun

Speed addict
Sep 28, 2016

1. [09 - Cent. Elect]
3. [Adaptation - 10]

I will try this when I get my car again, increasing the voltage will affect to the cameraor reverse lights? Or any possible negative effects?

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I will try this when I get my car again, increasing the voltage will affect to the cameraor reverse lights? Or any possible negative effects?

Won't effect camera, especially the factory one as on a separate circuit
Think the only reason seat choose to reduce the voltage to the incandescent bulb, was to reduce heat in the reverse light housing*
Not an issue if you have replaced factory bulb with led though

*That's just my thoughts on why they reduced the voltage, I dont know for sure that's the reason, but seems the most logical reason

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
just a quick one the head unit pop the tools in then is it just pull or is there something els i am missing

Yeah just bias the tools outwards (with the smooth edge outwards) so that the little points/pins on the inside locate and grip.

Once it's out you can see how they work.

Skip to 0:50 here, Golf's are the same

https://youtu.be/KMJ91jSBt9Y

Last edited:

antoxa

Mar 30, 2017
MIB entry

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to connect RVC to MIB entry?

I tried to turn it on in VCDS( bit 4 in byte19), but there is no effect :(

also for what is used pins eC,VDA, Tx and Rx ?( i can't add picture)

thanks in advance.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Last edited:

volkslove

Jul 19, 2017
As for the install i went for the Ampire signal filter like this (part prepped)

Have some photos which hopefully will be of use to someone

Hi Kenster184,

Photobucket is not showing your pictures anymore. would it be possible to somehow attach them again?

Thanks.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
The reversing camera on my 2016 plate Leon ST shows part of the rear number plate at the bottom of the picture. Can anybody suggest a solution to this annoying problem I am sure when I bought the car the number plate was not in the picture. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.