RVC reversing camera installed

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The reversing camera on my 2016 plate Leon ST shows part of the rear number plate at the bottom of the picture. Can anybody suggest a solution to this annoying problem I am sure when I bought the car the number plate was not in the picture. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Mine is the same, MY2016 ST, its strange because I thought that my one didn't show the plate when I first got it. I don't really mind it like that as I use it as a guide when backing up to white lines and making sure my car is clear of the garage door.

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
Hi to all,

I'm new newbie in this forum. :)

Week ago got my first Seat Leon FR 1,8TSI (2014) and since then been looking for some mods to do.
First thing that I would like to have on my car is reversing camera. Strangly dealer said that it isn't possible to add a camera to my car's screen.
Been reading and searching all over the place and I'm little bit confused. Some users have installed cameras without any problems.
What should I know before ordering one? I have the navi system with 2 sd card slots, usb/ipod connector and cd.
Info about my system:
Device part number: 5F0035846A
Hardware: 040
Software: 0425
Navigation databse: 5F0919866F 0036 ECE 2014
Media codec:
N/A

Sorry for my bad English :)

Martiniko

May 25, 2017
Hi to all,

I'm new newbie in this forum. :)

Week ago got my first Seat Leon FR 1,8TSI (2014) and since then been looking for some mods to do.
First thing that I would like to have on my car is reversing camera. Strangly dealer said that it isn't possible to add a camera to my car's screen.
Been reading and searching all over the place and I'm little bit confused. Some users have installed cameras without any problems.
What should I know before ordering one? I have the navi system with 2 sd card slots, usb/ipod connector and cd.
Info about my system:
Device part number: 5F0035846A
Hardware: 040
Software: 0425
Navigation databse: 5F0919866F 0036 ECE 2014
Media codec:
N/A

Sorry for my bad English :)

Hi,

I have older car than you (model 2013 but built in December 2012) and I got my retrofitted reverse camera to work in my car today :funk:
So should not be any problem for you either.
I also have with 2 SD-cards slots etc.

partnumber for mine:
5F0035846
hardware/software i dont know without checking. But older than yours.

Good luck!
//Martin

Last edited:

Martiniko

May 25, 2017
What's the best camera to buy, there are quite few on the market?

Anyone?

I would go for the type of camera that you replace the license plate lamp with.
This way if the camera brakes its easy to replace or change and you don't have to make a hole or destroy anything on the car.

I can not post links yet.
But if you search in Ebay for "seat Leon camera license plate" or something similar you will see what I mean.

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
Hi,
Thanks for the reply!

Can you make some photos or video how it is working in your car?
I'm currently looking for rear and front retrofit parking sensors and after that thinking to add camera also.

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Im looking at doing this to my car but the only part im not understanding is how the video cable is modded to fit to the quad plug

Is someone able to explain how this is down either by video or pictures?

Thanks in advance

madvello

Jul 6, 2017
Estonia
I added the reverse camera to Cupra ST 3004drive. Working very well and has good picture.
carsystems. pl/new-seat-leon-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidance-lines-retrofit,id2133.html - this was the camera (cannot post URL's).
Installation took about 5 hours (local car service). I activated camera my self via OBD11, I also activated the OPS.
First time I have the camera, but I must say it is good option to have.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Anybody got a link to a UK kit? I have got myself a good car electrician now who has been doing some work on my MK2 Golf.

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
I added the reverse camera to Cupra ST 3004drive. Working very well and has good picture.
carsystems. pl/new-seat-leon-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidance-lines-retrofit,id2133.html - this was the camera (cannot post URL's).
Installation took about 5 hours (local car service). I activated camera my self via OBD11, I also activated the OPS.
First time I have the camera, but I must say it is good option to have.

How did you installed the camera, made a hole for it?
How long was shipping from them? I am looking to buy the parking sensors kit from them :)
Little bit expensive but I think it would be much better than Cobra or something like that...

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Im looking at doing this to my car but the only part im not understanding is how the video cable is modded to fit to the quad plug

Is someone able to explain how this is down either by video or pictures?

Thanks in advance

The camera I bought had two wires aleady with the metal pins/terminals on. These slot in to the plug, in the correct place of course.

Pictures are or rather were in page 1. We all have been shafted by Photobucket.

Last edited:

madvello

Jul 6, 2017
Estonia
How did you installed the camera, made a hole for it?
How long was shipping from them? I am looking to buy the parking sensors kit from them :)
Little bit expensive but I think it would be much better than Cobra or something like that...
Delivery was fast few days door2door service.
I must ask, but no addional holes if i remember correctly. Smilar system to orginal camera, just replacing one detail with camera. Cabel must be connected to location where i have sd card socket (passanger side). Work took about 5 hours, takes some time to bring cabel from back to front.
I was also thinking to add parking sensors to front, but after adding camera and activating OPS no more upgrades are needed. Maybe only better exhaust, but this is other topic.

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I own a Seat Leon FR 1.8 2017 FL without PDC / OPS and Media system plus without Navigation.

Recently I have successfully retrofitted a Rear view camera (RVC) based on the information in this thread.

VCDS Coding "5F - Information Electr." Byte 19/Bit 4 enabled.

Special thanks to ‘marlop’ with the reverse light voltage interference trick. Confirmed working :)

Camera is working very well, but there’s one problem...

When reverse gear is engaged the camera is working, after disengaging from reverse gear to any other shifter position, a message with an OK button appears saying “The Parkpilot is currently not available”.

Can you please help me figure this out ?

3eb9090abe660194fe941504fdb680a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smiciklas

Nov 14, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I own a Seat Leon FR 1.8 2017 FL without PDC / OPS and Media system plus without Navigation.

Recently I have successfully retrofitted a Rear view camera (RVC) based on the information in this thread.

VCDS Coding "5F - Information Electr." Byte 19/Bit 4 enabled.

Special thanks to ‘marlop’ with the reverse light voltage interference trick. Confirmed working :)

Camera is working very well, but there’s one problem...

When reverse gear is engaged the camera is working, after disengaging from reverse gear to any other shifter position, a message with an OK button appears saying “The Parkpilot is currently not available”.

Can you please help me figure this out ?

3eb9090abe660194fe941504fdb680a3.jpg

Please, can you share what camera did you bought?

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Update - I noticed that the “Parkpilot” message appears only when engaging and disengaging the reverse gear while the infotainment is on the Media screen. Other screens seems to be not effected.

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Can someone who did this retrofit at least answer if they are receiving the same message after activating the rear view camera ?

Last edited:

Red ibiza

Oct 9, 2002
Nottingham
Visit site
One of the reasons you may get that come up is if the camera is not powered up in time when the head unit is looking for the video signal. Try to keep it powered all the time when the ignition is on to see if it still shows the message.

Mines on all the time when ignition is on as I've fed it from the rear lighter socket power.

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
One of the reasons you may get that come up is if the camera is not powered up in time when the head unit is looking for the video signal. Try to keep it powered all the time when the ignition is on to see if it still shows the message.

Mines on all the time when ignition is on as I've fed it from the rear lighter socket power.

Red ibiza - Thanks for your valuable input

My camera is connected to the reverse light,
And maybe the signal is interrupted somehow when disengaging from the reverse gear do to the fact that the Reverse light turns off.

I will check that out and report back...

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise