S3 Seats - Rear Seat Belt fitting?

Dom Sweeten

Jan 19, 2002
Gloucester
Does anyone know if the absence of the centre rear belt would fail the car MOT?
My new S3 seats do not have the centre belt like original LCR one (inside the rear bench) so looking into fitting a lap belt if needed.

Has anyone done this?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I think it will fail as it says five seats on the log book, the lap belt is £30 from audi and it fits the leon buckle. i had to get one for my LC when i got my S3 seats.

Dom Sweeten

Jan 19, 2002
Gloucester
Only got the rears in so far (10mins job) as getting the fronts treated by a leather geezer first as they need a bit of tlc. Got them quite cheap as they were from a 2000 year car. Should look good once in.
just didn't realise that the S3 seats had no center rear seat belt.

I'll get some pics up later.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it can't fail because of what it says on the log book. I've had a car passed with one seat.

Also - every seat must have a belt - so if there are four seats, all four belts must work.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Here you go.

3533159629_d6b4c8cc7f_b.jpg

3533160697_cb83ba96aa_b.jpg

:D

Dom Sweeten

Jan 19, 2002
Gloucester
So where is your center belt going from and to?
In the picture it goes up to the top of the seat... ?
I take it the fixed end is clipped to the rear right stalk yes?

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
if the rest of the seat belt isnt there, such as both parts removed then it cant be tested and cant be failed, it can be failed if a part is missing... such as the seat belt is there but the buckle isnt. Or it doesnt clip in, seat belt is frayed, broken, damged etc. So if all parts of the centre belt has been removed, on the MOT screen when the details are entered for Number of seats it will be put as 4 and no need to test a fifth seatbelt as there is no need to test something which isnt there, such as a car with no ABS, anti roll bars.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
.....and with S3 seats (which are the db's by the way) you can pretend you have a 3-door car too by simply tipping the fronts forward and stepping aside for rear seat passengers entry and exit!

(plus the S3 leather it much better then the oem stuff IMHO. I had a 2001 S3 directly before the Leon and you notice the difference)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.