Sacrilege !!

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
But it's not a supercopa cage in the car. Also there is some modifications to the spare wheel well that the copa never had. What was seats intentions with the build. Or did the abandon it as a diesel build and then turn to the mk2 witch they did run as diesel in btcc
Quattro arse end by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
But it's not a supercopa cage in the car. Also there is some modifications to the spare wheel well that the copa never had. What was seats intentions with the build. Or did the abandon it as a diesel build and then turn to the mk2 witch they did run as diesel in btcc

its got a supercopa cage as I've got pics of the Supercopa cage number, it was a trial car to try and prove Diesel cars could be as good as Petrol in the Supercopa cup but it never got off the ground, don't think this car has ever seen a track as a diesel car.

its effectively a BTCC car suspension wise.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I can see it being a trial car as then they moved yo the mk2 and did run it diesel. Same way as ford developed the rs1700t. But then stopped as then went down the route of the rs200 car instead due to rule changes in group B rallying.
But the bloke pulling the car sort seam to recon it was a standard engine but gear box had been played with

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It was built before the MK2 TDI cars by SEAT Sport UK, The MK2 ones were MK2 petrol chassis with the SEAT Sport ES 2.0TDI engines dropped into them, in 2008 when SEAT Sport pulled out of BTCC the 2x 2.0TDI engines were taken back to spain as they were very secretive about them.

The gearbox is just a petrol cupra one, it was just a never finished project by the directions of Northern South (SEAT Sport UK).

Plato's 2008 TDI chassis is stored about 1.2 miles from my house as the crow flies.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Put that thing against a petrol Supercopa with the same power and trust me it will be a lot quicker, that chassis has a lot of things on it that a petrol Supercopa wont have.
I meant to put a petrol 1.8t lump in the car they have.
To put a build race car against a standard car is pointless. Same as if two were side by side TDI and petrol same spec... petrol will win because of top end they have. TDI is ok for lag and mpg.

Yes I like lag...but not too much hahha

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm talking about a Petrol Supercopa (which is a factory built race car) vs this TDI Supercopa (which started life as a petrol Supercopa). This chassis basically has the Toledo BTCC suspension.

Give them both the same power (lets say 300ps) and the TDI car will lap faster on a twisty track. A track with long straights the Petrol will kill it, mind you the 2008 BTCC car handled its own, when it wasn't broken down.

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Best bit was Plato loved the leon diesel. How it pulled and handled.. But when arena motor sport turned up with the lpg focus boy did he moan and go on about how it's not sportsman like and it abuse of loop holes lol

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It was a decent car just needed another season, 2009 would of been a championship winning year.

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I am likening the toledo rear arch set up on the leon... I am gonna make some calls later on availbilty and cost
Screenshot_20190916-085344_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190916-085320_YouTube.jpg

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Hope you lot don't mind but I think this fits perfectly in this thread.
It belonged to the old manager where I now work. Long stories basicly his done was gonna buy it but the dad got the phone call saying it's ready to be paid for and collected. So like all hood fathered he went and bought it for him self.
The son got a bit kissed off with him (they both worked here)
It then came in for a cam belt and service but some how a bit fell down the inlet.... strange that.. it rattled up and down with the piston imprinting it in to the head...
Caused a misfire.
It got pushed out the work shop on around the side and now that's where it has lived for the last 4-5years I been told...
Resized_20190928_125258_335.jpeg
Resized_20190928_125307_2721.jpeg
Resized_20190928_125331_4293.jpeg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members