SAI fault code

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
Giving the car some welly in the snow today and the "check engine" light came up on the dash.

Put the car on vag-com when I got home and it came up with:

16795 P0411 Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected

I have done a search and found that this is a pretty common problem. Most of the threads i've read suggest a split hose as the likely culprit. Problem is I have no idea where to begin looking.

I know that the best thing to do would be to replace all the hoses but given the weather outside i'd rather leave it for a sunnier day.

If someone could show me the hoses that are connected to the SAI I would be gratefull.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Got a garage to fix it as it was in for a service at the time. But i think its along the top of the engine, near where you do the n249 bypass. Not 100% so will need some one else to confirm.

Looking at your sig, we have nearly identicle mods :D

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
had this twice now in about half a year.

yesterday was second time. Its because I didn't remove the SAI, I merely blocked off the vac pipe. 2 codes in half a year isn't too bad I guess.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Thing is what detects the SAI flow as being incorrect? There is no sensor for it so it must be calculated by the ecu from some tables somehow but what ones!

SidewaysCupra

Mar 20, 2007
Carmarthen
Thanks for the replies everybody.

I guess i'll leave it as it is for now. Change all the tubing for silicone jobbies when we get some decent weather.

Cleared the fault code last night and it didn't come back on during the drive to work today.

I guess that's part of the "charm" of Ibiza's. Another irritation to add to the list.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.