SAI leading to boost problem

nac34

i had a problem with my car losing boost. it would only boost properly when it wanted it was like this for about 4 - 5 weeks. After taking it to a few garages all saying they fixed it (including seat) it was still playing up.

when it would stop boosting i would pull over an look at the actuator an could clearly see it was sticking 3-4mm of shiney rod showing.

had a favour from a mate who work for subaru an he checked all the vac hose for leaks. when he tested the pipe that comes of the tpiece an down to the actuator you could see the actuator open an unless he realesd the air pressure he was putting into the pipe it would not close. suppose that is obvious really.

by the time i got the car home it had stopped boosting again so i pulled off the pipe that comes from the actuator to the tpiece (pulled it off at the tpiece rather than the actuator) as i done this i was looking at the actuator and it poped back in. took the car for a drive an it was fine an has been. obviously for some reason that pipe has been holding pressure which has been keeping the actuator open.

could this cause me problems running the car like this with only 1 hose going to the actuator an the other being blocked. i got no lights on the dash and only now an then get a fault code for the sai

thanks for any info.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members