SAI removal question and a few others!

mitch2028

Sep 4, 2008
Hi all hope your having a nice christmas! :)

Ive got a few problems at the minute with the car, ive used a forge blanking plate for the sai system but i was wondering what to do with the vacum hose that went to it? the obvious answer i thought would be to block it off as its not there anymore?

My second question is as ive been off for christmas and had a silicone T.I.P for a present i got round to fitting it. The small vacum hose that connects up to the T.I.P down by the inlet for the turbo, ive had to replace it with standard blue silicone stuff not the black stuff that comes standard on the car is this going to be alright?

I still cant get at one of the bolts for the sai pump bracket :cry: i snapped my dipstick tube doing the other one at the top. Melted my N112 on my turbo because of a snapped bracket. Have a leaky rocker cover and have a bit of plastic in the sump.good times!

Mitch

ian_cupra

1. yeah just block it off

2. yes that silicon should be fine

3. sounds like your having a nightmare mate, hope you get it all sorted

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
Hi all hope your having a nice christmas! :)
I still cant get at one of the bolts for the sai pump bracket :cry: Melted my N112 on my turbo because of a snapped bracket.Mitch

I got a angle grinder to the sai pump bracket that sorted it clean off :p and yo melted n112 just order the resistors and do the full bypass :)

mitch2028

Sep 4, 2008
cheers for the answers, ive ordered some 330 ohm resistors so i can completely remove the N112 and one for the sai connector aswell. I think thats whats going to happen to the bracket just hacksaw it off remove the pump and then get at the bolt. on a good note though the silicone intake pipe looks sweet the dv sits in a totally different place now.

Pidge

I
Oct 11, 2008
Aberdeen
For the SAI:

Once youve got the bolt at the bottom (easy one to do) and the top one out or loose give the bracket a bloody good thump with a hammer a few times in either direction which should help it slide off the last bolt which can then be undone by hand (after the bracket is off) = happy days :funk:

At least thats how i did it :p

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
I know all about the n112 falling on manifold lol

DSC00907.jpg

As said, I also bought the resistors which were much cheaper than a new n112 i am sure, and because I had already bypassed them, best solution, and quickly done.

Hope you get the sai sorted quickly

mitch2028

Sep 4, 2008
thanks reuvers, the resistors should be here soon...your n112 did take a cooking mine didnt loook quite so bad. i ordered the t.i.p off ebay like yours it fits very nice just squeezes a bit towards the bottom from what i can make out its because of the heater matrix hose (steel) ill get outside with my hammer first thing tommorow see if i can loosen the bracket up! cheers guys!