SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Wow :) :) :)
Picked the car up today from badger 5. Its an animal on the road, fighting to hold it steady in 4th is exactly what i was after, its the excitment i have been missing for a long time.
Gear based mapping is 100% needed on fwd.
1,2,3 gear are actually not to bad and this shows the reduced boost working well. Traction is good. I feel bill has done a super job in finding the right balance between power and traction.
When taking the car on the motorway i left the traction control on but soon turned it off when it was flashing in 5th and it was dry :lol:
When i got closer to home and on my local ring road i tried out the NO LIFT SHIFTING.

I tried it going from 3rd to 4th and the feeling was truely awesome, on change you get a nice bang and get pulled into you seat very hard. Its hard to explain but its great and im additcted to it :)

I have no tried out the boost build launch yet so will give my thought on that once i have.

To sum it up im very pleased with the power, how it drives and the new ecu add ons. I now have a car that scares me in terms of thrills and couldnt be happier.

Massive massive thanks to badger 5, top quality job, im one very pleased customer and i like to think friend :)

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Last run was 356bhp and 362ftlb :)
Its very fun indeed :)

The best thing is how long it holds peak power, 350bhp + for nearly 3000 revs.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Sounds good Sam I'm not surprised your over the moon with it. I'm looking forward to further details on you're turbo set up. Are you thinking diff know?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Hey Sam what sort of power you running now.... That sounds fun m8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

not highest run, but you get the idea
858332_336528633131895_2413508_o.jpg

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Did you go for the N/A cams? Did you get both or just the intake cam? Love the update on this, you've got me thinking now :think: need to get the love back with mine

Yes agn inlet and exhaust cams.
My setup is not the best setup in the world, i know this so i do accept it for what it is. Power wise its on the money, how long the turbo last is the real test. Saying that its £180 to replace or a billet and ball bearing version is £450. If i wanted a genuine gt28 it will bolt straight on.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Yes agn inlet and exhaust cams.
My setup is not the best setup in the world, i know this so i do accept it for what it is. Power wise its on the money, how long the turbo last is the real test. Saying that its £180 to replace or a billet and ball bearing version is £450. If i wanted a genuine gt28 it will bolt straight on.

I think its great you,ve gone down this route, its longevity may surprise you. As you say no big drama to replace parts if needs arise. This install has proved a few things as it is.I'd be happy to mod a V3 as a budget BT mani.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.