SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

Nutta121

Sep 23, 2012
Hampshire
i also got myself the resistor ordered and fitted so i have completely removed the n249 valve. i fitted the resistor as if its a plug so the connection can be reversed very easy.
the resistor is now out of sight under the coil pack cover but heres a pic before i moved it.

where did you purchase the resistor and would you happen to have a guide on how you made your easy conector to allow remoal at a later date if needed?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
they are available as plug things... £15
891825_345272308924194_1818781176_o.jpg

Nutta121

Sep 23, 2012
Hampshire
Thanks for the reply, would that include the resistor or is that separate and available to purchase? Only asking as I want to do this but don't know what resistor to get.

Thanks

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good vids Sam, looks like it puts the power down well. You must be happy!

360/370bhp is what I would aim at if my tubby died at any point. I think I'd have to go for some more really.

Time will tell with your turbo but looks to be coping well in there.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Good vids Sam, looks like it puts the power down well. You must be happy!

360/370bhp is what I would aim at if my tubby died at any point. I think I'd have to go for some more really.

Time will tell with your turbo but looks to be coping well in there.

Thanks Tom, the gear based boost is awesome, as James will tell you traction wasn't a big issue. Saying than I'm now running a set of Avons that james gave me with the lcr alloys, the grip is poor compared with the vreds. As soon as they are dead the vreds are going back on.
Using nls is the best feeling in the world, basically from 3rd you will hold 360 bhp until red line in 6th with no dips in power. Crazy feeling but highly recommend it.
This turbo still has more left in it, can run another 5 psi with meth and large port head so should see good gains.

If the turbo dies I will just buy another, £180 a time :lol: I could buy 6 for the price of a hybrid [B)]

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I'm going to have to go out in James' car at the next AmD rr day to see what it's all about! Saw his video of his car shooting flames out as a party trick!
Will be a lot better with the Vreds for sure. Awesome tyres!

So when you fit the new head and install meth I take it it's getting the map tweaked again? Interested to see what the turbo can do maxed out. Can't moan at £180 a pop if it does go. Garrett setup is £1k GT28 genuine tubby I suppose or not far off.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
I'm going to have to go out in James' car at the next AmD rr day to see what it's all about! Saw his video of his car shooting flames out as a party trick!
Will be a lot better with the Vreds for sure. Awesome tyres!

So when you fit the new head and install meth I take it it's getting the map tweaked again? Interested to see what the turbo can do maxed out. Can't moan at £180 a pop if it does go. Garrett setup is £1k GT28 genuine tubby I suppose or not far off.

James car is savage :p

Yeah I will get the map tweaked, there should be tons of timing to be added, currently running less than stock due to a valve seal issue, hence the large port going on.
For me it's more, what power can the relentless v3 manifold flow because I'm sure the turbo can flow more than what the manifold can allow.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
James car is savage :p

Yeah I will get the map tweaked, there should be tons of timing to be added, currently running less than stock due to a valve seal issue, hence the large port going on.
For me it's more, what power can the relentless v3 manifold flow because I'm sure the turbo can flow more than what the manifold can allow.

Savage describes it pretty well :lol:

So you're expecting torque to rise a fair bit more still yet? Mid to top end with the manifold? What do you estimate the whole setup will make when you get the large port on and more timing?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members