SAT NAV DESTINATION NUMBERS?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hoping someone may be able to help with this problem.

I have Navigation High (SSD) MIB2 as shown in picture

upload_2018-6-4_16-18-17.jpg

For some reason when I go to ‘My Destinations – Destinations – Last Destinations’ certain previously entered postcodes show up as ‘Destination Numbers’ as in this picture;
upload_2018-6-4_16-18-51.png

On investigating this I have found that all the postcodes that correspond with ‘Destination numbers’ have an ‘X’ somewhere in the postcode!

When I first noticed this my car was only a few months old and the ‘Destination numbers’ all had three digit numbers beginning with a ‘1’, when I had the first service done I mentioned the problem to the dealer and all they did was reset my system thus losing all my radio presets etc. At the time I did not know which postcodes caused this to happen but later noticed it again but the ‘Destination numbers’ then started with a ‘2’!

Recently I decided to look into this problem properly so I erased all the navigation entries and started again, this is when I noticed that any postcode with an ‘X’ in it caused this to happen, this time all the ‘Destination numbers’ start with a ‘3’!

Looking at the second picture these are in order of inputting my postcodes from bottom to top and I noticed that the last destination ‘336’ has jumped 2 digits because I entered 2 destinations without an ‘X’ in. If I was to select say ‘Destination 336’ and let it plan a route but then ‘Stop’ navigation the ‘Destination number’ would change to ‘337’.

If some of you would be willing to see how their system reacts to ‘X’ postcodes and say what version system they have it would be much appreciated!

Some postcodes to try; OX9 3QG, OX26 2GS, UB4 9UX, SG2 9HX, W4 5XS, SE2 9QX. On my system I cannot enter the space in the postcode.

Sorry this is such a long posting! Many thanks.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Hi,

My home postcode has an X in it and I have never come across this issue, in both my current 2017 FR and my previous 2014 SE Tech.

I reckon it must be a software issue and the only thing to do would be to update/reinstall the software.

Sorry I don’t know what my version is but if I remember I’ll have a look later and get back to you.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi,

My home postcode has an X in it and I have never come across this issue, in both my current 2017 FR and my previous 2014 SE Tech.

I reckon it must be a software issue and the only thing to do would be to update/reinstall the software.

Sorry I don’t know what my version is but if I remember I’ll have a look later and get back to you.

Thanks for your reply, so far I have 9 or 10 'X' postcodes that show destination numbers. I think you are correct in saying it's a software issue, I need to find out how to update the firmware for my Nav High!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My home area has an X in the postcode and there is no issue with my MIB2 unit. I have upgraded to Sat Nav map version 1030 so that may help you if you do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
My home area has an X in the postcode and there is no issue with my MIB2 unit. I have upgraded to Sat Nav map version 1030 so that may help you if you do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you are correct that if I update my maps and/or firmware it will solve the problem but unfortunately as I have Nav High (SSD) I cannot update them.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Haven't used my car since Monday evening, went to go somewhere this morning and the radio/nav system is completely dead. I've checked the fuses and tried holding down the power button for 15 secs or so, nothing on display. Got to wait until the 30th before the dealer can look at it.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Finally got my car back today, they fitted a new unit in the glovebox, lucky still under warranty! Still getting the problem with 'Destination numbers' showing when I enter postcodes with an 'X' in them, not surprised though because the Hardware/Software and map versions are identical on the new MIB unit.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Updated the firmware/software today from 0319 to 1219, had to do it in 4 stages. gives the new menu look as per facelift cars, getting 8" screen delivered tomorrow. The 'Destination numbers' problem still remains so looks like only a map update will solve this.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Updated the firmware/software today from 0319 to 1219, had to do it in 4 stages. gives the new menu look as per facelift cars, getting 8" screen delivered tomorrow. The 'Destination numbers' problem still remains so looks like only a map update will solve this.

Where did you get version 1219? And is this for the MIB2?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Well, I've updated my software from 0319 to 1219 and updated my maps from 0122 (2015/2016) to 0169 (2018/2019) and I still get the 'Destination number' problem!

Tell

Staff member
Found your post now... I never hardly enter postcodes opt for DMS coordinates, poi search or address less postcode. Found the postcodes gave centroids of the postcodes whilst house numbered on Here Maps work less the postcode. Whether they are numbered by street is something else thou.

Never seen destination numbers. Interested in the update and whether the maps actually updated.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I use Google maps on android auto after a hellish journey using the in built nav. Tried taking me off every sliproad just to join it again the other side on a dual carriageway and always seems to take fairly random roads which it thinks will be quicker but in actual fact isn't (passed the same car on a stretch of motorway 3 times as a result of this, so clearly not quicker). Traffic updstes are not very up to date either. Vow never to use it again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Found your post now... I never hardly enter postcodes opt for DMS coordinates, poi search or address less postcode. Found the postcodes gave centroids of the postcodes whilst house numbered on Here Maps work less the postcode. Whether they are numbered by street is something else thou.

Never seen destination numbers. Interested in the update and whether the maps actually updated.
What are DMS coordinates? Yes maps updated took about an hour, I had downloaded them a while ago to try but of course they didn't install.
There is a fairly new road near to me which wasn't on the old maps but is on the new ones.

Tell

Staff member
DMS = Degrees, Minutes and Seconds put in via the thumb wheel via On Map menu, top left drop down on new destination. I get them via the Android App Map Cordinate, N45, E25 (pro) it seamlessly integrates with Google Maps and Openstreet so you can have a look around on Street view and sat map, Google and Openstreet, with DMS toggled on you get the coordinate exact not where Google has it which is often wrong and Here Maps, ditto. Like to arrive exactly at the location :).

Tell

Staff member
I use Google maps on android auto after a hellish journey using the in built nav. Tried taking me off every sliproad just to join it again the other side on a dual carriageway and always seems to take fairly random roads which it thinks will be quicker but in actual fact isn't (passed the same car on a stretch of motorway 3 times as a result of this, so clearly not quicker). Traffic updstes are not very up to date either. Vow never to use it again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The red routes can be better but granted it doesnt have such good realtime information but then it's built in. Use both.