Sat Nav failure

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
The built in sat nav on my 1.4 Ecotsi FR is lost. It doesn't appear to be the sat nav itself that is the problem - but something is interfering with the GPS signal. The reason I say that is that neither my phone nor my (freestanding) Garmin can get a fix either when near the Sat Nav. Any bright ideas?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The built in sat nav on my 1.4 Ecotsi FR is lost. It doesn't appear to be the sat nav itself that is the problem - but something is interfering with the GPS signal. The reason I say that is that neither my phone nor my (freestanding) Garmin can get a fix either when near the Sat Nav. Any bright ideas?

An interstellar conflict has begun between the world's superpowers? On a separate note, later today I will be using the car's built in Sat Nav, let's see what happens...

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
I should also clarify that the problem persists even with the ignition off - which does point to an alien body. However why aliens should be targetting only one of my vehicles is something of a mystery.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I should also clarify that the problem persists even with the ignition off - which does point to an alien body. However why aliens should be targetting only one of my vehicles is something of a mystery.

No issues on mine yesterday, even showed the 'traffic' correctly...did you lose your aerial by any chance?

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
No - the radio works fine - but I don't think the sat nav uses the aerial in any case. As I say it must be electrical interference of some sort since it stops my phone and Garmin working in the vacinity - and they don't rely on anything in the car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.