sat nav problem

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
first of all i would just like to say hello to you all as i am a nebie to this forum,i have just purchased a mk 3 seat leon fr 180 when the sat nav is on and she issues directions the audio system does not deminish, in the volume set up i have found audio lowering have tried this but still does not lower the audio volume

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
yer pretty much what above says, low does nothing at all,
medium does lower the media a bit (its setting i use) and strong does the best job.
play around with medium and strong and see which you prefer

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
The audio lowering doesn't do anything on mine for the satnav but does for the parking sensors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
The audio dimming only occurs when the system thinks the volume is too loud. I had this issue with my iPod as the music was loud even at low volume meaning the Sat Nav didn't drop the volume itself. There's a couple of options in the Setup menus for Sat Nav to set the dimming to off/low/mid/high and there's also an option on the iPod/USB connector to have the volume low/mid/high.

I set my iPod volume to low, which means I have to turn it up higher to hear it but also means the Sat Nav realises it's too loud and drops the volume.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
thank you all for your help i have set it to strong and turned volume up and it does lower it where in the sat nav is ther settings for dimming audio JK1 as i cannot find anything

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.