Sat Nav Problems

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I picked up our new Ateca just over 3 weeks ago (posting here as the Ateca forum seems a little sparse, also the unit is similar to the Leon)

The stealer ordered the Nav SD card and it refused to work on delivery day. It was booked into the service dept for further investigation and they couldn't get it working so another card was ordered and I finally received it today.

We put the card into the SD reader and all seemed okay apart from my GPS location was in the middle of the sea about 40 miles away!!! I went for a 20 mile drive hoping that the car was just needing to lock on to the GPS satellites but still no joy.

I have done a factory reset on the system to no avail.

I called the stealer and they want it booked in again but the first appointment is 3 weeks away, seriously fed up with this particular dealership as it's been a nightmare with them due to several issues! I may name and shame!

I was hoping one of you guys know anything about this and hopefully a potential fix without dealing with these franchise clowns if possible!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Can't remember where it is in the settings but make sure the satnav is not still in demo mode.

The GPS aerial is under the speaker grill on the dash - you could check that it is plugged in.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Can't remember where it is in the settings but make sure the satnav is not still in demo mode.

The GPS aerial is under the speaker grill on the dash - you could check that it is plugged in.
Cheers,

I did uncheck the demo mode in the options but I may try again as I've not messed with settings since the reset.

Does the speaker grill just pop out?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I picked up our new Ateca just over 3 weeks ago (posting here as the Ateca forum seems a little sparse, also the unit is similar to the Leon)

The stealer ordered the Nav SD card and it refused to work on delivery day. It was booked into the service dept for further investigation and they couldn't get it working so another card was ordered and I finally received it today.

We put the card into the SD reader and all seemed okay apart from my GPS location was in the middle of the sea about 40 miles away!!! I went for a 20 mile drive hoping that the car was just needing to lock on to the GPS satellites but still no joy.

I have done a factory reset on the system to no avail.

I called the stealer and they want it booked in again but the first appointment is 3 weeks away, seriously fed up with this particular dealership as it's been a nightmare with them due to several issues! I may name and shame!

I was hoping one of you guys know anything about this and hopefully a potential fix without dealing with these franchise clowns if possible!

The 'stealer' should not have had to order an SD card for it as it should have been supplied from the factory with all the other documents.
Maybe the card they ordered is not the correct one or needs to be paired to the vehicle.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The 'stealer' should not have had to order an SD card for it as it should have been supplied from the factory with all the other documents.
Maybe the card they ordered is not the correct one or needs to be paired to the vehicle.
I thought the same but apparently they're now ordered in when the car is bought. From what I was told, the card is programmed at Seat HQ to the chassis/media system number then sent to the dealer after sale and in theory it should be plug and play.

Both the cards arrived in a DVD case with a barcoded label affixed with all the vehicle details attached.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise