Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by jacko5, Apr 22, 2018.
Good grief. You would think they'd make it simple! ;0)
The details are inside the plastic box it came in ( At the top left hand side), also at the back of the box it shows tom tom, and another 2 systems.
Sorry to ask a question on a old thread but if I have my original seat SD card can I buy any SD card and upload the new maps and just copy the relevant file from my original card do the duplicate card can be used or will that not work.
Just s little frightened to delete the data from the original card.
If you have an MIB2 system then what you need to do is :
1) copy ALL of the files from your existing card to a safe place, most importantly the overall.nds file
2) make a second copy just in case.
3) download the new navigation files and unzip them.
4) delete the existing files from your sd card (you did do steps 1 and 2 didn't you? )
5) copy the new navigation files to your sd card.
6) copy the old overall.nds file from step 1 onto your sd card, overwriting the newer downloaded file.
Your MIB2 unit is coded to some hidden data on your existing sd card. You can't just buy a fresh one from amazon and use it. It also relies on the overall.nds file which is why you need to copy it back.
Thanks mate, that’s what I wanted to clear up. Much appreciated!