Sat nav SD card

Dave77

Jul 5, 2018
Hi, we've just got a 2017 Leon facelift version but came with no SD card for nav, dealer doesn't have it. Does anyone know the p/n for the card?

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Wonder if you could just get a copy from someone and put the files on a blank sd card.
Did you buy it brand new? Surely the dealer should supply you with one if you bought the car from brand new? Without cost.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
If you have no card at all, I believe the only option is to purchase a card from a SEAT dealer which will be paired with your car. Subsequent updates can then be carried out by yourself using the method described in detail on this forum.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
might be cheaper to get full link enabled. The maps from apple/google will be more up to date

Dave77

Jul 5, 2018
might be cheaper to get full link enabled. The maps from apple/google will be more up to date

Full link is enabled but it's the other half's car and she has little data allowance.

I rang Seat, £58.66 for a new card which just plugs in and works, no coding required

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Full link is enabled but it's the other half's car and she has little data allowance.

I rang Seat, £58.66 for a new card which just plugs in and works, no coding required

That is a good price. Guess the newer systems are cheaper. The MIB1 that I have isn't worth bothering with as it needs dealer coding too

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018

That’s a very good price, once you have that installed you will be able to update twice a year with information available on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave77

Jul 5, 2018
The garage we bought the car from agreed to buy the card. I'll post up the p/n when it arrives in case anyone needs it in the future

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Interested in how this pans out.
The last dealer supplied card that someone posted about would not work and needed coding to the car.

Reactions: Jim45

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Im with you Deano... I dont think its a case of sticking in a card without coding to car. Be interested to see outcome of OP's request.

Coding to car is the reason a specific file needs to be copied from the original Nav SD card into new map file structure when upgrading to latest nav maps.

Dave77

Jul 5, 2018
I'll let you know. They ordered from Seat on Monday so should have it by the end of the week.

When I rang my local Seat myself the parts guy went away and checked with a technician, and confirmed it didn't need to be activated. We'll see!

Dave77

Jul 5, 2018
The card arrive and worked straight away

Part numbers on the box are

PR-Nr.: 7RE/77Q
EA - Partnumber: 6P0.919.866.M

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Result Dave! Did you have to give your VIN / Reg number when ordering? Other people have tried buying cards from eBay and the like which didn't work straight out of the box so Im wondering if your card was pre-coded by Seat?