Sat-Nav update question

Turborat

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking to update the Sat Nav in my 66 plate TDI FR but can't work out what head-unit I have and therefore what files I need to download from the SEAT website.

I went into the settings/info pages on both the main system and the Sat Nav and this is the info I got:

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

TR

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Thanks for that link.
So I have an MIB2 which I can update myself. Better get the files downloaded and give it a go. TR
@Turborat
Have you found the procedure for updating your SD Card
You MUST take a backup/copy (preferably 2} of your existing SD Card and keep safe
I wouldn't download the maps from the Seat site, they also are out of date
Better to download from the VW site, https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/
Select a Golf GTE 2017 and Discover Media then select the left hand European Countries – Bundle 1 and download
Then follow the "workaround" method to update your SD Card
p.s. There will be another map update in Nov/Dec

Turborat

Sep 16, 2019
@Turborat
You MUST take a backup/copy (preferably 2} of your existing SD Card and keep safe
Better to download from the VW site, https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/
Select a Golf GTE 2017 and Discover Media then select the left hand European Countries – Bundle 1 and download

I had found the procedure on the SEAT website but it sounds like I'm better off following your links to the files and instructions. I have already got 2 copies/backups of the original folder from the SD card so at least have these if everything goes pear shaped!!

Thanks for the advice.

TR

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
@Turborat
@Bedlam
Hi... I'm looking at doing this as well, but I've looked on the Seat site and it talks about having Mapcare before doing any updates. I've been into local dealers, where I got my car from, and they know nothing about Mapcare!!
Is it really necessary or can I just go for it? I believe I have a MIB2 unit (6P0919866AB) so I should OK?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
@Bedlam
Hi... I'm looking at doing this as well, but I've looked on the Seat site and it talks about having Mapcare before doing any updates. I've been into local dealers, where I got my car from, and they know nothing about Mapcare!!
Is it really necessary or can I just go for it? I believe I have a MIB2 unit (6P0919866AB) so I should OK?

Mapcare isn’t available in the UK. From the part number you have given I see you have an MIB2 unit.

If you follow the instructions that @Bedlam has detailed you will be able to upgrade your Sat Nav. You must follow the instructions and create a backup prior to upgrading your maps.
d18f3c033a635e1ed33023c9266cbc56.jpg

My details above show upgrade from and to old map versions so those version numbers will now have changed. The most important part is copying over the .NDS file as detailed. Without the original file from your sat Nav Card fitted to your car, it will not work.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bedlam and Don1961

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Mapcare isn’t available in the UK. From the part number you have given I see you have an MIB2 unit.

If you follow the instructions that @Bedlam has detailed you will be able to upgrade your Sat Nav. You must follow the instructions and create a backup prior to upgrading your maps.

My details above show upgrade from and to old map versions so those version numbers will now have changed. The most important part is copying over the .NDS file as detailed. Without the original file from your sat Nav Card fitted to your car, it will not work.
Many thanks for

Turborat

Sep 16, 2019
@Turborat

So I followed the instructions, formatted the SD card and then unzipped the update files and saved them on the now empty SD card but when I put it in the car it searches for sat nav info but then just stops saying it cant find the database (or something like that)?

Any ideas what I may have missed??

For now I've reinstalled the old backup data so I can still use it.

Thanks

TR

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019

All worked first time. Now have version 1310. Thank you

Reactions: Maypack and Bedlam
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.