Satan The PD160 Shananigans Project

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Awesome read mate! Love the transformation and how good it looks now just from a good wash! Would be good to see this in the flesh

In reply to my other post, ball joints and drop links can get sorted at same time as the springs getting swapped over so saves time as they need to come off anyway )

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So I've changed the clutch on the car, car wouldn't drive, 0 biting point, nothing, turned out I was supplied the wrong CSC (idiots) so car came back apart, replaced that (to the correct one) put car back together, exactly the same.

This point I started doubting myself (I know I put friction plate in correct) so took car back apart AGAIN, switched the friction plate around (just to entertain my self doubt) put car back together AGAIN and still the same. Don't know why it doesn't wanna move or anything else for that matter.

Got a call at 4:30 yesterday from place I got the clutch from "Hey mate, have you still got the clutch we sold you?" Yeah I do "we supplied you with the wrong one, sorry about that, we have the right one in if you want to swap it for that?"

I litterly can't F'ing believe this BS.

So 3 times this F'ing Satan mobile has been pulled apart and put back together for these dippys to give me the wrong clutch? Really pea brains? Really. FUUUUUU!!!!!!

So just ordered a SMF and Stage 2 clutch for it, because why the hell not. Less messing around with wrong parts and stuff, it all comes together as 1 unit, so there is NO chance it can be the wrong one for the car now, HA!

Yes I checked it's for a BPX PD160 Ibiza and it is.

Hopefully by Friday the car should be back on the road after it been sat there doing nothing getting snowed on.

Reactions: kanyewest

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
So I've changed the clutch on the car, car wouldn't drive, 0 biting point, nothing, turned out I was supplied the wrong CSC (idiots) so car came back apart, replaced that (to the correct one) put car back together, exactly the same.

This point I started doubting myself (I know I put friction plate in correct) so took car back apart AGAIN, switched the friction plate around (just to entertain my self doubt) put car back together AGAIN and still the same. Don't know why it doesn't wanna move or anything else for that matter.

Got a call at 4:30 yesterday from place I got the clutch from "Hey mate, have you still got the clutch we sold you?" Yeah I do "we supplied you with the wrong one, sorry about that, we have the right one in if you want to swap it for that?"

I litterly can't F'ing believe this BS.

So 3 times this F'ing Satan mobile has been pulled apart and put back together for these dippys to give me the wrong clutch? Really pea brains? Really. FUUUUUU!!!!!!

So just ordered a SMF and Stage 2 clutch for it, because why the hell not. Less messing around with wrong parts and stuff, it all comes together as 1 unit, so there is NO chance it can be the wrong one for the car now, HA!

Yes I checked it's for a BPX PD160 Ibiza and it is.

Hopefully by Friday the car should be back on the road after it been sat there doing nothing getting snowed on.
how do you guys get about when your car is not moving? idk if could handle taking the bus for a week

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
how do you guys get about when your car is not moving? idk if could handle taking the bus for a week

I ask my cousin to take me places and yeah it pisses me off not having use of a car. This car been dead is just pure stupid because I'm losing money daily because I travel around as a mobile mechanic so car needs to be sorted ASAP and now I'm on my last £500 I spent that on a flywheel (solid) and another clutch to match up with that which sucks but if it sorts the car out then so be it.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Sounds like you are forming quite the relationship with the car! At least the place called you and told you they had made an error and you are on the way to getting it sorted! Hopefully this will get it going.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Sounds like you are forming quite the relationship with the car! At least the place called you and told you they had made an error and you are on the way to getting it sorted! Hopefully this will get it going.

Yeah just gonna take clutch back and get money back off it and use the money for performance parts for the car. Eye lids, tint rear windows 5% Limo Black, spoiler extension, just small little things. Already got a fair few things in mind for the car handling and power wise so......

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
i was looking at eyelids on ebay yesterday, but im not sure whether i like them or not. do they affect the beam in anyway?

oooh im also looking to tint my three rear windows this year (maybe do the fronts a little bit, not sure i want to yet)! found a place that does the back three for £140, does that sound reasonable? it does to me but i genuinely only asked one place for a quote since im not serious about it yet.

got any photos of the spoiler extension?

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
i was looking at eyelids on ebay yesterday, but im not sure whether i like them or not. do they affect the beam in anyway?

oooh im also looking to tint my three rear windows this year (maybe do the fronts a little bit, not sure i want to yet)! found a place that does the back three for £140, does that sound reasonable? it does to me but i genuinely only asked one place for a quote since im not serious about it yet.

got any photos of the spoiler extension?

No photos of spoiler extension as need to find one, also leave front windows as old bill with just royally bend you over for no reason.

The eye lids I don't know about the beam or anything but I've always installed them at same time as LED bulbs so I don't actually know about that. I personally love them, run them on everyone of my cars, they seem to give it a more "agressive" look, but at same time as I'm fitting them in doing halo rings around the headlights as "demon eyes" due to the car been like Satan and not wanting to work correctly so..... might as well look like Satan lol.

Rear window tints seem a good price, I got quoted £100 due to me helping the guy out a while back when his van broke down as he's mobile and needs it for work so.... done me a favour there.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
i wasnt going to tint the front ones anything like the back ones. just a little (legal :p) tint. it might be for the best if i stick to the back ones though eh?

i hear you about the eyelids giving the car an aggressive look, but i think they look pretty mean anyway! my girl said my car looks like an angry cat ;)
mate i am soo looking forward to seeing those halo rings when you get them done! bring on satan haha [:@]
i wanted to have some purple or green ones fitted where my fog lights are since i barely use them. any experience with doing anything like that? ive seen a couple kits online but not sure whether theyre compatible or even how id go about fitting them. i did reach out to sellers, who very helpfully told me to "check the product chart (which was full of audis and fords only), measure the bulbs and check youtube for your car model"

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
i wasnt going to tint the front ones anything like the back ones. just a little (legal :p) tint. it might be for the best if i stick to the back ones though eh?

i hear you about the eyelids giving the car an aggressive look, but i think they look pretty mean anyway! my girl said my car looks like an angry cat ;)
mate i am soo looking forward to seeing those halo rings when you get them done! bring on satan haha [:@]
i wanted to have some purple or green ones fitted where my fog lights are since i barely use them. any experience with doing anything like that? ive seen a couple kits online but not sure whether theyre compatible or even how id go about fitting them. i did reach out to sellers, who very helpfully told me to "check the product chart (which was full of audis and fords only), measure the bulbs and check youtube for your car model"

I've had 0 experience with them, but learn by doing, adapt and overcome.

I've wired in footwell LEDs which was simply enough to do, but what I was going to do is wire the halo rings onto a switch which links to the battery to turn them on an off accordingly, I might do the fogs as well just like you, but I'll see, also yeah leave front windows stock.

If you gimme a few mins I'll throw up recent photos I got of the possessed car, lol. I got bolt loads so..... Yeah, lol

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
20190103_114156 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190103_114208 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190104_150637 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190104_151407 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190110_134308 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190110_163801 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190111_112922 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190112_184605 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190112_184619 by James St Patrick, on Flickr

Clutch turned out to be wrong but getting replaced with a SMF and clutch next week, should be sorted by latest of Friday next week regardless or weather
20190115_110420 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190117_111528 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190117_124644 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190118_105836 by James St Patrick, on Flickr

Left the old top mounts on as they seemed to be fine, all was good, so saved a few pennies there, they seemed to of been replaced before it was stood for a year.

20190119_112136(0) by James St Patrick, on Flickr

Front didn't look any lower (Because both front springs had snapped as well as both rear springs.... I don't know how but yeah, might of even been cut.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Also started working on one of the alloys to get it ready for metal reinforced filler and a refurb, all I done to it so far is grind out the curbed parts (so they clean) for the filler to bond to it, heres the pics of that.

20190122_081125 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190122_081130 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190122_081135 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190122_081142 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190122_081147 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190122_081152 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190122_081157 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190122_081200 by James St Patrick, on Flickr

That's all the photos I have at the minute but I'll be getting more when rear springs get fitted and SMF is getting swapped so.....

Also body work repairs will be started soon.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
I've had 0 experience with them, but learn by doing, adapt and overcome.

I've wired in footwell LEDs which was simply enough to do, but what I was going to do is wire the halo rings onto a switch which links to the battery to turn them on an off accordingly, I might do the fogs as well just like you, but I'll see, also yeah leave front windows stock.

If you gimme a few mins I'll throw up recent photos I got of the possessed car, lol. I got bolt loads so..... Yeah, lol
footwell lights are another thing i looked at, but quickly decided against it as ive never been too good with that thing of thing. i can play around with computers all day but anything physical and i choke! if i have enough electronic work to get done on my car, i suppose itd be worth hitting up an auto electrician and getting them to do it. i want a glovebox light, footwell lights and halo rings atm.
if your halo rings are wired to the battery, does that mean they come on when your car does or just when the headlights are on?

20190103_114156 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190103_114208 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190104_150637 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190104_151407 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190110_134308 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190110_163801 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190111_112922 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190112_184605 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190112_184619 by James St Patrick, on Flickr

Clutch turned out to be wrong but getting replaced with a SMF and clutch next week, should be sorted by latest of Friday next week regardless or weather
20190115_110420 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190117_111528 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190117_124644 by James St Patrick, on Flickr
20190118_105836 by James St Patrick, on Flickr

Left the old top mounts on as they seemed to be fine, all was good, so saved a few pennies there, they seemed to of been replaced before it was stood for a year.

20190119_112136(0) by James St Patrick, on Flickr

Front didn't look any lower (Because both front springs had snapped as well as both rear springs.... I don't know how but yeah, might of even been cut.

bloody hell, i still remember seeing your introduction thread and how filthy the car was! youve done an impressive job on that exterior mate

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
footwell lights are another thing i looked at, but quickly decided against it as ive never been too good with that thing of thing. i can play around with computers all day but anything physical and i choke! if i have enough electronic work to get done on my car, i suppose itd be worth hitting up an auto electrician and getting them to do it. i want a glovebox light, footwell lights and halo rings atm.
if your halo rings are wired to the battery, does that mean they come on when your car does or just when the headlights are on?

bloody hell, i still remember seeing your introduction thread and how filthy the car was! youve done an impressive job on that exterior mate

Thanks man, it's back to been dirty as fudge now so..... And yeah I'm wanting them to come on with ignition (just decided) and if you was around West Midlands area I'd happy install the footwell LEDs for you, not a problem at all, free too if you supply the lights.

The car is gonna under go some MAJOR changes soon.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
This car is CURSSED I swear to god. Threw a solid mass flywheel on the car, brand new clutch and CSC, all of it came as a set from a reputable company so now I KNOW it's not the clutch that's the issue. Everything fell back together PERFECTLY. Bled the clutch, perfect. That's fine, no air nothing, pressure bled it. No air just straight up fluid.

Put car on the deck, turned it around perfectly fine, drove it 500 yards, all was perfect and then it's back to how it was when I got the car, not going in gear with my foot fully on the clutch and engine running, when engine is off I can get it in gear but it is a little hard to get them in but then once they been in it just slides right in, I really don't know where I stand with this car anymore but I'm not giving up on it. If I eventually do give up on it I'm swapping it for an RX8.

Anyone got any ideas what's wrong with this turd?

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Master cylinder leaking or dampener valve sticking? (Mounted near ABS module)

I'll try them, I got one on the Audi (Damperner valve) and got a master cylinder on order. But for it to be exactly the same as it was before the clutch even got replaced is telling me that it's not the clutch anymore.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.