Satan The PD160 Shananigans Project

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Master cylinder leaking or dampener valve sticking? (Mounted near ABS module)

What would be symptoms of this pal? Clutch pedal springs back perfectly fine, so no pressure loss or is that causing pressure to stay there when foot is off the clutch as pedal has a little drop, like 2cm before it even feels like it has some pressure first. With this been a valve what you mentioned, I'm thinking it's that. I have another on the Audi I can throw on for now. See if that does anything, if not then yeah...... outta options

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
The valve stops pulses from the slave cylinder going to the pedal, sometimes they stick and can trap air so you get a poor pedal. Have you tried holding the pedal down and level it overnight?

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
The valve stops pulses from the slave cylinder going to the pedal, sometimes they stick and can trap air so you get a poor pedal. Have you tried holding the pedal down and level it overnight?

Yeah got clutch working after changing that from the one on the Audi.... don't ask. So clutch is sorted (next post will explain a little more)

Reactions: kanyewest

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So I got the clutch sorted on the car, drove PERFECT, like best it's ever drove since I've had it. Driving it around for a few miles, getting the feel for it again, loved it, great car.

This now is why it's named Satan. (Beefa is it's nickname)

Driving down to Walsall, heard a little knock and grind, didn't think much of it, stopped, took a look at it, couldn't see anything, clutch felt fine, car went fine. Driving along, had a little opening where I could do a 3rd gear pull (not the smartest thing I've done with a cop behind me)

So gave the car FULL beans in 3rd 5K on the limiter, shifted into 4th, let off, slowed down, next thing you know, grind boom, car just full on LOCKED the **** up, came to a stop sliding wildly to the left. Oh great, FML.

Gearbox has exploded, clutch has broke apart and smashed a hole in the side of the engine block (engine oil is leaking out) and the gearbox is just history, dead. Gone. Sent it straight to hell on a first class ticket.

So now Satan is totally dead. And NO I'm not breaking it, no I'm not selling it whole. I'm fixing it. I'm not giving up on this car at all, even though it's got me doubting myself, doubting my ability to repair a car but I'm not giving up on him. Not at all, this will see the hell fire and brimstone once again, you have my word on that one.

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Keep going mate loved my MK4 sport great fun! You should find a new lump and box with out too much trouble.
Keep smiling!

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So as my previous post stated the engine is holding oil, it's not, it's f**ked, still starts so engine itself is fine I'm guessing it's just not holding oil, so what I plan on doing is pulling engine apart, rebuilding it, new rods, pistons, ported head, oversized valves, cam, lightweight crank, all new seals, injectors, head gasket and blah blah, whatever else internally I can do for a few extra gains, plus drop a reply in here and let me know.

All my stuff will be getting sourced from Darkside Developments.

This is litterly now just a build I wanna do because it's now dead, so I might as well see what I can do with it. See how far I can push this bitch before AWD needs to happen to it.

I will be looking into a LSD for the new gearbox (if anyone knows the gearbox code let me know please)

In other news the front of the car on drivers side got hit, no damage just scratched the paint on it, guy was kind enough to say he will pay for repair costs for that. But not gonna bother fixing it as plan on doing something different with the body work on the car, yep I'll let your mind think of what.

Headlights are getting customized at some point soon when I have everything I need to do them.

No doubt you guys will see in photos (using phone which pisses me off as I can't upload photos)

If anyone in the West Midlands area wants to borrow a hand, please feel free, corona and dumb jokes will be provided.

Also would you guys be interested in videos of the build progress of the car? If so that's something I will work on for you guys.

Deleted member 103408

Looking forward to this build, its a true labor of love and with darkside dev I am sure it will be a beast.

You can upload pics, just keep them to just under 1 meg or host them on one of the many free sites.

If you need help just shout.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
rps20190211_194542.jpg

Lowered it.

rps20190211_194613.jpg

Sorted 1 alloy out

rps20190211_194720.jpg

Currently how its lights are.

rps20190211_194741.jpg

And it's damage from been hit.....

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So currently I've been moving the car round the car park and it seems fine, clutch working fine, drove fine, went in gear fine, engines fine, runs great, boosts fine (took it on road for 5 mins) drove it on road and BEAT on him cause he owns me money and no clutch slip, nothing, all was perfect (unsure what the oil was on the floor) until I hit fifth and the gearbox just finished itself off, massive loud bang, loads of grinding noise, and car now feels like you're driving on a flat at speed (apart from you're not moving anywhere) yep he's down, he's out but he ain't dead. Guess that's a good thing.

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Bet that if you look at the end of the box the input shaft has cracked the casing. Chuck a box in and have some fun.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Bet that if you look at the end of the box the input shaft has cracked the casing. Chuck a box in and have some fun.

Can't really be THAT bothered at the minute, I've been ordering a retarded amount of stuff for the car, just a case of waiting as I've already got a car to get around in so I don't mind leaving this one off the road and get it all mint again. There's no set time limit on getting this back on the road, I'll change clutch, fly and box on it JUST in case this 307 dies or something stupid like that but I'm hoping I can make it mint condition again. With extra power, lol

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So I know it's been a while since last posting on this, I gave up with Satan for a short while as I just wasn't with trying to fix it, couldn't be bothered, didn't care, left it In the garage, end of. Now has come the time to repair him and get him fixed again, seeing him locked in the garage broke my heart, it really did, but now, now is redemption. He's getting fixed, at last, he should be back on road on Saturday latest, well all been well, but given how he's been I wouldn't hold your breath.

Flywheel and clutch has been ordered, helicoil kit has been ordered (stripped flywheel bolt) and gearbox has already been ordered ready. So that's pretty much all of what is needed to sort him out, I've checked the turbo and all other things and they're good.

If anyone in the Wolverhampton area is free to give me a hand Tuesday or Wednesday that'll be epic.

There's your update, pics will follow during the repair work.

Also got some new Falken tires for him and some Toyo T1-Rs for the front. Whoop.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.