Satan The PD160 Shananigans Project

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Car done fine on way to Skegness, clutch pipe popped off when I got there, put back on, bled it, fixed, drove back fine, raced a JCW Mini on a dual carriage way and yes, yes we was BOTH going more than double the limit but that's okay, as it was a private closed road. She couldn't pull away (even though I had to take it easy with a slipping clutch and a car full) round roundabouts this car could HANDLE, I'm still yet to find it's limits because they ain't no where near as crap as they was before, I went HAMMERING down the lanes and didn't even bother to slow down for the bends and car just stuck round every one of them, but then got back, oil light came on, looked under it, it's puking oil, I mean a full sump gone on 300 miles, found out crankshaft oil seal is toast (cause of previous gearbox failure) previous gearbox the diff exploded (hole from inside out to flywheel and yeah) I got 28.1MPG driving it on motorway at 65 - 70MPH in 6th........ And when I gave it a little I saw that drop to below 20..... Lol, full tank to get there (150 miles) and a full tank to get back on with another stop about 20 miles from home (because the mini was too good not to pass on racing) brakes are making a stupid loud squealing noise when they have heat in them (EBC rotors and DS3000 pads) all greased up as they should be, new pins, caliper bolts, calipers have JUST been rebuilt the day before the road trip (no photos) so yeah, cars all good minus the oil leak and slipping clutch, BUT I'm swapping clutch again to a SMF from Darkside as this clutch is just high off the purest coke it could find.

1 thing I have noticed the cars stopped making it's turbo flutter noise when letting off the throttle at 2kRPM, doesn't do it at all now just whistle and that's all it does (gay) also gonna hollow the cat (MOT gotta leave can on it) tried to take it off, couldn't as the bolts are SOLID on the turbo, which sucks or it would of been done by now.

Reactions: kanyewest

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So done about 2k miles in car since been back on road, ain't bad, can't send it cause oil leaking onto the clutch STILL so Thursday I'm sending it to a garage, because F**K YOU! I've tried, failed, 6 times in fact, time for me to step aside and let it be fixed by someone else. *shakes fist sign*

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
So guys, cars on road, mission complete I guess. No more updates for a little bit as got 3 yes 3 other cars I own to repair.

Astra MK5 1.6 16V Hatch, this needs a full engine rebuild and a custom turbo kit, cause why not.

Astra MK5 Estate 1.9CDTi 150 SRi XP which needs MOT work carrying out on it and then sorted.

And finally I have a GT TDi 140 MK5 Golf which needs sills welding, few other small issues for the MOT and then onto mods.

Here at GSP Autos we don't just buy your scrappers, we get then running to never sell on... I joke, I buy to sell on, never get round to it, so just horde them, outside here is like a freaking car lot, lol.

Deleted member 103408

Enjoyed the journey and I suspect that @kanyewest would like a motor transplant one day.

Have you put Satan up for sale or are you going to keep her

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Enjoyed the journey and I suspect that @kanyewest would like a motor transplant one day.

Have you put Satan up for sale or are you going to keep her

Keeping the little **** box. Too much wrong with the body work to sell on, a can of heavy duty UV resistant clear coat exploded all over it so now I have a car that's patchy as f**k with clear coat.... don't think I'd ever sell him if I'm honest, too much time invested in him, too much money, blah blah blah.

Deleted member 103408

No I met him at the Doncaster meet and he told me he had met you and you suggested some small changes to he motor :)

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
No I met him at the Doncaster meet and he told me he had met you and you suggested some small changes to he motor :)

Yeah, he's a good dude.... shame Satan was pissing oil at the time, I left a 1 foot round oil stain where ever I stopped for 5 minutes, lol, was dropping out as fast as I was putting it in, hahaha, still made it to Bolton and back though.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Sorry guys, haven't updated anything on this but nothing to actually update, the car had both front wheel bearings changed, it runs MINT now. No unwanted noises at all.

Other than that in other news, I've been side tracked hell bad recently, having a new car, Astra Estate 1.9CDTi 150 and yes the Ibiza does kill it, faster, handles better, but Astra is more fun, lift off oversteer, epic fun. But had to get that through an MOT which was easy enough just small farty jobs which take A LOT of time, then it failed. So had to replace a spring so slammed it on coilovers, passed it's test then and then last night my top mount failed at 75 and hell froze over, never been in a situation where I've never had all loss of a car, lol, was quite the experience I'll tell you that. But cars fine, I'm fine, need to replace top mount and Astra is fixed, again. I'll probs put a build up of that on here if someone can tell me where?

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Bad news guys, not 1 hour ago Satan died. Went to move him and he went bang, had no throttle input, nothing, huge amount of smoke out the back end and yeah boom. Seriously f**ked off with it now. I've spent the last hour crying over a piece of metal.... I just dunno anymore with this car, it don't start, just knocks and bangs like hell and throws smoke out rear end so I'm guessing he's done for. After all the work, all the sleepless nights working on him til daft o clock and all the blood, the sweat, the tears lead to this moment right here.

I'm sorry guys, I tried my best with this car and I don't think I can do it any more, I put so much effort into this car and so much of my time into it, I just think it's now better if I spend a few weeks away from him, I kicked and punched the hell out of him, not in anger, just pure heart broken rage.

I'll see what I'm doing with him when my head is in the right frame of thinking cause at the moment I don't even know where I stand.

I owe him so much because of the people I've met with him, the money I've made off him, the pure happiness he gave me, everything from the moment I owned him he just started giving back. I guess time is a healer and yeah I do love this car, more than anyone I've met before, just who I am. I don't make attachment to people, I ain't a people person never have been, never will be, I'd rather put a piece of metal before anyone and Satan proved that over and over again, countless times.

I'll keep you guys posted but thank you for all the support you've given me up to yet.

Deleted member 103408

That is very very sad, Take a break and hopefully when you get back to it there will be a simple explination and you can bring it back to life.

Deleted member 103408

RIP Satun, you will be missed unless there is a cheap parts car that arrives :)

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Bad news guys, not 1 hour ago Satan died. Went to move him and he went bang, had no throttle input, nothing, huge amount of smoke out the back end and yeah boom. Seriously f**ked off with it now. I've spent the last hour crying over a piece of metal.... I just dunno anymore with this car, it don't start, just knocks and bangs like hell and throws smoke out rear end so I'm guessing he's done for. After all the work, all the sleepless nights working on him til daft o clock and all the blood, the sweat, the tears lead to this moment right here.

I'm sorry guys, I tried my best with this car and I don't think I can do it any more, I put so much effort into this car and so much of my time into it, I just think it's now better if I spend a few weeks away from him, I kicked and punched the hell out of him, not in anger, just pure heart broken rage.

I'll see what I'm doing with him when my head is in the right frame of thinking cause at the moment I don't even know where I stand.

I owe him so much because of the people I've met with him, the money I've made off him, the pure happiness he gave me, everything from the moment I owned him he just started giving back. I guess time is a healer and yeah I do love this car, more than anyone I've met before, just who I am. I don't make attachment to people, I ain't a people person never have been, never will be, I'd rather put a piece of metal before anyone and Satan proved that over and over again, countless times.

I'll keep you guys posted but thank you for all the support you've given me up to yet.
this is so painful to read :(

it sounds like its the end for the car, is it? i hope not, you didnt even get to bring it down to a car meet :/
Needs engine and turbo, turbo gave up, threw metal all over the place, total carnage, drained oil, **** loads of metal, yeah he's f**ked
is this task impossible? i mean youve achieved so much with him already and he was pretty much a £500 box of metal when you got him. @theoldboy is right, take some time off. maybe enjoy your astra race-hearse a little more and dive back in when you feel refreshed?

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
this is so painful to read :(

it sounds like its the end for the car, is it? i hope not, you didnt even get to bring it down to a car meet :/

is this task impossible? i mean youve achieved so much with him already and he was pretty much a £500 box of metal when you got him. @theoldboy is right, take some time off. maybe enjoy your astra race-hearse a little more and dive back in when you feel refreshed?

Couldn't be bothered ******* with him anymore, the engine was toast so pulled the engine, replaced it with a 90k 150 engine, got a hybrid 150 turbo for him, threw it all together, deleted the EGR, took him for a map and now all sorted, running WAY better than before. Final figures was 207BHP at the wheels and 312lb/ft, still running a single mass fly and clutch from Valeo but a new one, gearbox has had an oil change and sorry guys, no pics, just wanted to get the pile of scrap sorted. Was a ballache of a job and pretty much spent most of my time working on it. So yeah. He breaks again, that WILL be the end for him cause I REFUSE to do any more work on him, if he breaks 1 more time, I promise you now, I'll tow the fucker into the nearest ******* pole.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Good news mate! Happy for you:dance:

It took the piss to do with the help of 5 different people working flat out on it but hey, it works, it drives, no leaks but up on pulling it apart it does need other work doing to it but small details, I'll get round to it, back to my Astra now though as that was on back burner, now it needs sorting. ASAP as it's my work car/family car.....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.