SatNav announcements not repeating with right thumbwheel

WhiskyWerrington

Nov 22, 2018
I posted this previously in the Mk3 forum in error so repeated it here now.

Hi. I can't get the SatNav to repeat the last guidance announcement in the same way that my earlier Leons behaved.

In the past, pressing the right thumbwheel on the steering wheel triggered a repeat of the last guidance message - very helpful when I wasn't paying enough attention. The current vehicle is a 68 plate Leon FR Sport, 2.0 TSI DSG, with digital cockpit.

I can still get a repeat using the centre touch screen. First touch on the map drops a vertical set of icons on the right hand side and the bottom icon has a loudspeaker symbol. Touching this opens a horizontal window which has options to change announcement volume, mute it and happily, also to repeat it.

So the repeat functionality is still there - it just seems that the handy "shortcut" has been lost from the right thumbwheel. This is a pity as prodding at the centre console means taking your eye off the road - not usually a great idea for me !

Just wondering if this is expected behaviour or whether my Leon has a bit of a software glitch? I acknowledge that a right thumbwheel press does have other functions now with digital cockpit, but I suppose I was hoping that the software designers were clever enough to tailor its behaviour to whatever system was active at the time.

Has anyone else found this? Would be grateful for any feedback if anyone out there has a bit of spare time to fiddle about and test their Leon.

Thanks for reading.

WhiskyWerrington

Nov 22, 2018
You were correct with mk3 forum.
Don’t know the answer to your question. Car on order but no delivery date yet
Might be covered in the manual.

@seatgraham Oops. My bad! I didn't realise that the Mk4 was a new release this year. Not too sure I like the look of it . . . . . . . . . . . . . (sorry off topic)

Have fished out the manual and spent quite a while searching through it. Not easy with the printed version, it's quite a thick booklet. Can't find any mention of the previous repeat announcement behaviour, but it does briefly refer to the thumbwheel action of switching map display between centre screen and digital cockpit (which I was aware of). So it seems that the repeat behaviour may have been lost.

I have found several manuals online but none of them help although I'm not sure I've been looking at the correct version.

Probably just have to put this down to progress and try to keep my eye on the road :drive1:!

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
@seatgraham Oops. My bad! I didn't realise that the Mk4 was a new release this year. Not too sure I like the look of it . . . . . . . . . . . . . (sorry off topic)

Have fished out the manual and spent quite a while searching through it. Not easy with the printed version, it's quite a thick booklet. Can't find any mention of the previous repeat announcement behaviour, but it does briefly refer to the thumbwheel action of switching map display between centre screen and digital cockpit (which I was aware of). So it seems that the repeat behaviour may have been lost.

I have found several manuals online but none of them help although I'm not sure I've been looking at the correct version.

Probably just have to put this down to progress and try to keep my eye on the road :drive1:!
I had a scan of the online manual and it looks like your technique is correct. So it might be something to check with dealer. Unless there is a time limit for clicking and you were outside that window? Go to radio manual and you can search on page.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members