1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Satnav fault code in OBD11

Discussion in 'Arona' started by jonial, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Tell

Tell Full Member

Probably the right decision. I did live with my second one for a couple of months till I got rid of it. You still be the central Obdeleven system not handling it correctly.

The only thing I'd say is scan, clear, reboot, scan, clear reboot etc... a few times. Full power down after 20 minutes might come into it.

There will be a lot of people with the workaround who wont know they have an SVM error since they don't scan themselves.

2. jonial

jonial Jonial

Thanks Tell for your understanding

3. theoldboy

theoldboy Modified is best

I have never done any of this stuff (as my car is to old for these updates) but from an OBD11 Perspective the only other thing that may or may not help is the diagnostic sessions when you go into the control unit you can change it

From memory the dashboard gives you these options

OBD-diagnostic mode
    VW-diagnostic mode
    End of assembly line mode (EOL)
    Development mode

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3262/control-unit-setup#ixzz5r2uWToq3

Other control units have different options.

Might just be worth seeing if any of these different modes might help.

But bottom line as you say it works fine its just a pain that error message is showing.

4. Tell

Tell Full Member

5. jonial

jonial Jonial

Thanks Tell for the heads up

6. jonial

jonial Jonial

I think I have cured my Sat nav error.
    Its a long story but when I bought the Arona the mape were 0910. I did update them to 0915 with no problems/ I complained strongly to Seat customer care about the maps being so out of date and as a result my dealer was allowed to order a replacement up to date SD Card. The dealer subsequently update my sat nav and surpris surprise it was ver 0915. As a result I have two SD Cards but with differently dated Overall.nds Files. I did fully backup each of the cards before playing with them.
    I obviuosly got confused and put the early dated file on to the later dated one when I updated the maps to the latest version. The penny dropped this morning and I replace the early .nds with the later one and did a full reboot of the system, cleared the fault code, applied the SVM fix and now I have no Fault codes. Yippee

7. Tell

Tell Full Member

Glad you have sorted it out. Good to get rid of those tricky SVM errors and not to get them in the first place. They are tricky little so and so's at times.

8. jonial

jonial Jonial

Tell thanks for the reply.
    I do hope that this info will help others with the dreaded B126CF2 error

Tell likes this.