SatNav Navigation Database Updates

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
I bought my wife a TomTom last night as her car doesn't have sat nav it cost £130 and comes with lifetime map and traffic updates.

C'mon SEAT time to sort this out why should we suffer with out of date maps rendering the sat nav effectively useless or have to resort to a mobile phone app !!??

balalaika

Sep 19, 2009
Slovenia
Maps of integrated car Sat Nav are always expensive because of "fancy" look :)

When you buy update for your maps, you must pay really a lot of money (more than 150 EUR), but this money don't go to Seat, but to the provider of maps.

TomTom are using own maps - TomTom.

Seat (Audi, Škoda, VW) use HERE maps and this is different provider of maps. HERE is old Navteq and maps from HERE are really great!

Anyway - there will be GREAT if the Sat Nav have possibility to mirror my phone screen - then i could use 10 different app navigations :)

balalaika

Sep 19, 2009
Slovenia
No, it's not possible. It seems the difference between units with and without MapCare is hardware, so you can't add it later... :(

I think that this is not true. Why?

Because of the instructions from SEAT http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=SEAT_Instructions&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light:

Do not rewrite on the original SD card if you are not absolutely sure that you have the MapCare service!
Rewriting the SD card without hiring the MapCare service may cause data loss!

So the whole "point" is in the SD card, which contain "license" data of Map Care [B)]

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
They mean the update works only if you have purchased the MapCare service. So, if you haven't bought Map are and you overwrite your data, you will end up with non-working navigation unless uou have made a backup. The MapCare capable units are newer hardware. That has been discussed in another thread in details.

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I think the issue in the UK is that SEAT have been giving away the nav units as a deal sweetener for as long as I can remember and aren't about to supply cheap map updates to go with them. I bet once the free tech pack offer expires MapCare will get introduced!

Last edited:

kedzis

Apr 11, 2015
Is it possible to update the SEAT Sat Nav? Is Mapcare available in UK? Any updates? Do dealers suppose to update the maps as a part of annual service or do we have to pay for it extra? I have just bought Leon 13 plate and it seems i have an old version of Hardware, Software and Database.

Hardware: 040
Software: 0407
Navigation Database:
5F0919866E 0030 ECE 2013/14

Has anybody updated software as well? 0407 seems old compare to others. Do you know what is the newest software available for 040 Hardware?

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Is it possible to update the SEAT Sat Nav? Is Mapcare available in UK? Any updates? Do dealers suppose to update the maps as a part of annual service or do we have to pay for it extra? I have just bought Leon 13 plate and it seems i have an old version of Hardware, Software and Database.

Software: 0407
Navigation Database:
5F0919866E 0030 ECE 2013/14

Has anybody updated software as well? 0407 seems old compare to others. Do you know what is the newest software available for 040 Hardware?

Mapcare currently not available in the UK. Dealers will update nav but charge for it. £150 iirc.

Vanery

Mar 11, 2014
Turkey
hello
My car is Seat Leon 5F and I'm used 5.8 media sat_nav (v4) sd card
Device Part Number: 5F0035858A
Software: 0425
Navi Database
5F0919866F 0036 ECE 2014

I installed a new SD card into the navigation updates. But it does not run media SD card. The new map is invalid data.

what should I do.

Thank You

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.