Schrick race cams

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Anyone fitted Schrick race cams to their Cupra?

Or even any car for that matter?

If so, what difference did/do you feel?

Looks like they perk up the mid to top end of the rev range nicely according to Regal Autosport. A slight increse in top headline figure (5-10bhp), but also should be good for an extra 15-20bhp in the mid-upper range.

Not cheap per BHP though!!:whistle:

Poverty

Anyone fitted Schrick race cams to their Cupra?

Or even any car for that matter?

If so, what difference did/do you feel?

Looks like they perk up the mid to top end of the rev range nicely according to Regal Autosport. A slight increse in top headline figure (5-10bhp), but also should be good for an extra 15-20bhp in the mid-upper range.

Not cheap per BHP though!!:whistle:

2 guys I know of in the states bought the schrick cams, and then both subsequently sold them on, or attempted to sell them on albeit with not much success. Neither would say why though which I found very odd.

Get some and see how you get on ;)

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
From what I gathered it was $$$$ related, which doesn't concern me too much.

I've seen them fitted on a GTI MKV in the US after a guy had his follower go boom!!

Instead of the stock cams he fitted the Schrick ones.

One of the issues is getting the timing right as the OEM camshafts have cutouts on them to time them up with a VW tool. The Schrick ones are timed up to the OEM ones "by eye":wtf:

This also maybe part of the reason they didn't fit them.

The Schrick cams are billet steel and so much stronger than OEM and mean that the cam lobe wear issue would no longer be an issue for me, I'd just make sure the follower was replaced once a year (I do 9k miles a yr) at service time.

It also means that I can complete the Valvetrain upgrade and replace the cambelt, tensioner and water pump at the same time.[B)]

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
reputed to be the best,but most use them on N/A engines,not many use them on turbo'd ones,there's much more gains per £ to be had using a bigger turbo or just having a remap on the stock one.
Have a word with badger5 bill,he is a schrick dealer and has used them extensively.

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
A mate of mine fitted a shrick cam in an old N/A 8v Vauxhall lump. All I remember is it used to rev like a bas**** after it was fitted. It did make a considerable difference with supporting mods. They are known to be of excellent quality.

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
reputed to be the best,but most use them on N/A engines,not many use them on turbo'd ones,there's much more gains per £ to be had using a bigger turbo or just having a remap on the stock one.
Have a word with badger5 bill,he is a schrick dealer and has used them extensively.

Cheers, I'll drop him a line as I've spoken to him before:)

This is part of my ongoing project and so will be going BT at some point. I just want to see what I can squeeze from the K04 first. Might as well experiment to see what it can do eh;)

Also planning on adding Nitrous before BT, so get ready for some "explosive" action..........

but hopefully not literally:D

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
what is the going rate for fitment on the cams. I cant imagine them being cheap to fit.
Could always be a good thing to do atthe same time as uprating internals to save money on the labour charges

Cams an option for me after the k04 conversion.
however i could always just settle for a set of cams from an S3. or should i go scick. is the ed30.cupra on the same cams as the S3 or tt-s?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The cost of fitting will depend on labour costs. For simply fitting cams it is around 8hrs.

I can understand you wanting to get everything from the K04 John, but surely the outlay of cams etc is going to cost more than a big turbo? For sure, these mods would also work well with a big turbo should you decide to down that route in the future though ;)

Poverty

I can understand you wanting to get everything from the K04 John, but surely the outlay of cams etc is going to cost more than a big turbo? For sure, these mods would also work well with a big turbo should you decide to down that route in the future though ;)

seeing as hurdy is spending all this money on the k04, it surely must be only a matter of time till he goes BT.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members