scissor doors?????

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
greenmachine said:
Not getting into any argument regarding this, but different strokes for different folks as its said.

People like em, people dont. Don't go tarring people with the Chavy' brush - just like Car enthusiasts get tarred with the boy racer brush yadda yadda. Hence snob.

/Rant

yeah i guess your right at the end of the day its your car and you can do what you want with it. The police tar me with the boy racer badge on a regular basis so much so that i am thinking of stripping the badges of my car as i am sick of getting pulled over for 'random spot checks' and being bumpered down the road by a grinning bobby waiting for me to put a foot wrong.

james_mk

Mk bandit
May 14, 2004
milton keynes/coventry
riddick m3- calm down son, i just said it looks chav ..in my opinion it does, Lambo doors are not meant for ibizas, i dont think it looks right at all, and is not necessary really. But each to their own, no need to get your handbag out cheif

Riddick_m3

Mar 17, 2005
Sudbury, Suffolk
james_mk said:
riddick m3- calm down son, i just said it looks chav ..in my opinion it does, Lambo doors are not meant for ibizas, i dont think it looks right at all, and is not necessary really. But each to their own, no need to get your handbag out cheif

lol i was saying about the over used chav statement as most have pointed out it doesnt make you a chav if you mod your car.... for example if i want tints but cant afford factory darkened windows so go for a film does that make me a chav cos i didnt get the real thing? i think not i think the word is **** and people dont know how to use it.. like yourself

CHANGZ IBIZAmk2

yeh and i think that scissor doors would be cool to have on my car, not to make it look like a lambo, just because most cars dont have 'em, i want my car to look differant to the cars in australia, and i want ppl to look at it and ask what kind of car it is........NOT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A LAMBO< NOTHING TO DO WITH A LAMBO, i didnt even think of a lambo when i thought up the idea.......chav?????

EvilKinevil

Mar 24, 2004
Scotland
are the ibiza doors not a bit heavy for a lambo conversion?
yeah it would look different, think it would be pretty neat stoppin in my works car park and popping some lambo action, but think the novelty would rub off after a few months. Does somebody do like a double hinge kit? like the door opens normally BUT can also rise up lambo style, or am i just being stupid? :shrug:

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
EvilKinevil said:
are the ibiza doors not a bit heavy for a lambo conversion?
yeah it would look different, think it would be pretty neat stoppin in my works car park and popping some lambo action, but think the novelty would rub off after a few months. Does somebody do like a double hinge kit? like the door opens normally BUT can also rise up lambo style, or am i just being stupid? :shrug:

Butterfly doors would be cool, not sure if they'd work right on a hatch though... maybe im wrong?

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
if you had one of those i dont think you'd be worried about a bit of small change falling out your door pocket!

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex

fuey

i wana go faster
Jan 12, 2004
north west
uk.geocities.com
mmm, i'd have to see a conversion in person, and try out the open/closing mechanism before i make my mind up...
(surc: j3sus, just looked at ur car spec... lots of effort there. good lad)

Last edited:

Riddick_m3

Mar 17, 2005
Sudbury, Suffolk
ok done abit of digging around for an 02 LCR its about £650 for a conversion kit using an air spring to lift the door, no welding just bolt, just asked the gf what she thought and she laughed, but thats women for ya im toying with the idea just gota measure up to see if the doors will open when i drive into my garage or there will be no point fitting them if i cant get out when i drive it in!

Riddick_m3 said:
ok done abit of digging around for an 02 LCR its about £650 for a conversion kit using an air spring to lift the door, no welding just bolt, just asked the gf what she thought and she laughed, but thats women for ya im toying with the idea just gota measure up to see if the doors will open when i drive into my garage or there will be no point fitting them if i cant get out when i drive it in!

Just wind ya window down and jump out :happy:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.