Scratches and Styrofoam

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Hi All,

Is anyone finding that the interior of there MY17 leon is scratching easily, for example a simple swipe of the infotainment screen, has led to the screen being scratched (see below) and same with the various plastics around the car soon as you touch it theres a mark .

20170715_202835.jpg

Any ideas how to get this line scratch out of the screen as you cant feel it on the screen

On top of this has anyone noticed the sheer amount of styrofoam on the bodywork such as below???

20170715_202829.jpg

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Maybe Displex paste could solve that mark on the screen?

Styrofoam is there for noise reduction and also prevents that no ice builds up there and then bent the corner of the door like in MK5 Golfs and 1P Leons.

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Maybe Displex paste could solve that mark on the screen?

Styrofoam is there for noise reduction and also prevents that no ice builds up there and then bent the corner of the door like in MK5 Golfs and 1P Leons.

It was in the leon 1p! Now I know why mine was so loud think the accident repairers forgot to put it back in

Will give displex a try just frustrating that a simple swipe causes this.

Keyzer Soze

Sep 18, 2016
Newcastle upon Tyne
It was in the leon 1p! Now I know why mine was so loud think the accident repairers forgot to put it back in

Will give displex a try just frustrating that a simple swipe causes this.
That was a single swipe! Your real name isn't Logan, by any chance?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
That was a single swipe! Your real name isn't Logan, by any chance?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Yep just swiped across to full link from driver information and next thing you know a line, wish I was called logan probably explain all these things marks better

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I have not tried Displex my self...since i have no marks on my screen.
That was just a tought, since it has been working on the cover of the clocks on the speedo at least.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
If you're not Logan, then maybe you're actually Edward Scissorhands? :)

That screen doesn't look right at all. Could be worth having a word with a dealer as under normal usage that sort of scratch shouldn't happen*

*unless you ARE Logan/Edward after all ;)

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
More than likely there was something hard on the screen or your finger than caused the scratch when you swiped it like some dirt or grit. You could get a screen protector for an iPad and cut it down to size then stick that on the screen. This will prevent further damage and will make the mark less noticeable possibly as you wont feel it anymore. The only downside is that it could make the already pathetic touch detection even worse. It drives me crazy that they wont spec a capacitive glass touchscreen on a car worth €25,000+ to make the interactions smooth.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I don't let my other half touch my touch screens in my car as she has long fingernails...saying that, I checked her mobile phone screen, no screen protector, and no scratches, perhaps she has been trained well to control her fingernails...but if I got her angry...:handbags:

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I don't let my other half touch my touch screens in my car as she has long fingernails...saying that, I checked her mobile phone screen, no screen protector, and no scratches, perhaps she has been trained well to control her fingernails...but if I got her angry...:handbags:

Fingernails aren't going to scratch a phone screen ever but the possibility of damaging the Leon screen is not impossible, fingernails in general aren't hard enough to do damage without a good bit of force behind them.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
ooooh, im no help at all here (plastx crap etc will get rid of the scratch but make the rest of it all hazy) i just wanted to say what you all already know but a scratch there would piss me off everydayyyyyyyy unlucky mate

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.