Screenwash Front/Rear pump part number confusion.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I have been looking for ages making sure the part number that is correct. 1K6955651 is the part number listed and yes it is listed as the correct part.

The problem i find is there seems to be many pumps using this same part number and don't all look the same as there is on listed as 1K6955651 #G5C#5
This has the same part number but the outlet pipes are not the same looking. I ordered the 1K6955651 part which has a barrel design as the outlet bit but having taken the fog out of the bumper i can see the pump i have looks more like 1K6955651 #G5C#5 which is listed for an older octavia instead.

Am I going to have to return the barrel design one maybe?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
The #G5C#5 is nothing to do with the VAG part number. It's a code the eBay seller has used to identify which car in their stock the part came off. If you look at their other items for sale all their parts from cars they've broken have a similar code.

The part may have slightly different designs by different manufacturers.

Also, does your car have headlight washers? If so are you sure you've looking at the right pump on the car?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
The #G5C#5 is nothing to do with the VAG part number. It's a code the eBay seller has used to identify which car in their stock the part came off. If you look at their other items for sale all their parts from cars they've broken have a similar code.

The part may have slightly different designs by different manufacturers.

Also, does your car have headlight washers? If so are you sure you've looking at the right pump on the car?

Yeah there are two pumps but it's the dual output pump that's the screenwash pump as the single output is only for the headlight washers. I think the new pump might be ok as it looks like the connector is rotated 180 and the barrel sticks far enough out .

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise