SD card with Mapcare?

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
Hello,

When I ordered my Ibiza they also gave me the "SD Card with Mapcare (3 years - 6 Updates)" option.

When I got the car I received an SD card in a DVD kind of case and on the case is written "SEAT Navigation AS" and bellow "Europe 1 (V6)". I placed that SD card in my car, and maps work fine.

But where is Mapcare? Is it on the same SD card? There is nothing mentioning "Mapcare" on the case of the SD Card.

I asked the car dealer I got the car from (who isn't that knowledgeable) and told me that I just need to keep my receipt and that if there is an update they will do it when I bring the car for service. But I doubt that this is the way things are supposed to be done.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
We don't have Mapcare in the UK.

Mapcare is not a physical thing or software item. It just means you have included free map updates.

Because you have Mapcare you can download the latest Maps yourself whenever they are updated and not wait for the dealer to do it.

Reactions: diver86

diver86

May 3, 2018
Exactly.same thing here in greece.

Στάλθηκε από το Mi MIX 2S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
Thanks. So I download the new maps, add them to the SD card and insert it in the car, and the car itself is configured to allow 6 updates within a period of 3 years?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.