SEAT’s new saloon will be called “EXEO”

Skisbp

Why does someone always seem to make a new thread???:rolleyes::confused::whistle:

My guess would be we'll only see engines that Seat already have...
Meaning either the 1.8TfSI 160-170hp &/or the 2.0FSI 150hp + the 2.0T 200+hp, with the 3.2/3.6l-V6 240-300hp likely as a range topper... Of course the diesel offerings will be limited to the 1.9TDI 105hp & the 2.0TDI in either or both PD/CR offerings with140-170hp...

No V8's or V6-Diesels & no AWD:cry:! Oh forget the Twingate as well!!!:doh:

Sportourer is a nicer name for the estate version, yet I think that this "Seat Sportourer ST" refers to the estate Ibiza coming;)..!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yeah, I'd be nice to have V6's and V8's but I think I'd be happy with a HOT 2WD 2.0T, maybe something with the 3.2 engine and the 2.5 Diesel

I doubt I could stretch to a V6 or a V8 and a lighter engine with 240-260 bhp would be very nice. 170TDi would hardly be Cupra territory, unless they pitch at around the same price as Passats etc but with bells and whistles.

I wonder how it competes with the vRS...

The "rebodied" A4 in the links Andy posted looks gash - I know they're PS, but...

Poverty

Rangetopper to be 3 liter supercharged V6 imo. 3.2 vr6 on it way out of VAG eventually. Thats if SEAT want more power than the 2.0T can give without it getting too unrefiened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
But the 2.0T delivers more power than the 3.2 in some guises. 3.2 supercharged? It'd be nice, but it's not in the parts bin.

Poverty

But the 2.0T delivers more power than the 3.2 in some guises. 3.2 supercharged? It'd be nice, but it's not in the parts bin.

3.2 is getting but on the bench. 3 liter supercharged engine replaces it for audis range anyway.

290hp for the audi A6, around 350 for the new audi s4.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
3.2 is getting but on the bench. 3 liter supercharged engine replaces it for audis range anyway.

290hp for the audi A6, around 350 for the new audi s4.

Just as BMW embrace the turbo charger, VW step back towards the supercharger!

TBH I quite like superchargers as they generate less heat and suffer less lag, but having been into cars when the G60 G-Lader supercharger was on the market back in the early 90's I hope they have changed the design and made them a bit more reliable.

Poverty

Just as BMW embrace the turbo charger, VW step back towards the supercharger!

TBH I quite like superchargers as they generate less heat and suffer less lag, but having been into cars when the G60 G-Lader supercharger was on the market back in the early 90's I hope they have changed the design and made them a bit more reliable.

well we can only assume that audi needed to come out with a engine to combat bmws 3 liter biturbo and quick. However they must have had difficluties in making a biturbo 3 liter fit in their MLP chassis along with their DSG gearbox without utterly ruining the weight distribution. The supercharged 3 liter is very compact, and innovative in the way its been designed, however a supercharger cannot compete with a turbocharger unless audi really do know something the rest of us dont.

It will also be the first time in history for audi to utilise a supercharger in their road vehicles.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Personally I think it's quite sad just how close the car is to an Audi. Haven't Seat paid big bucks for an ex-Alfa designer? However, I suppose in this day in age of money ruling all and all car companys coming under one of 4 huge global brands originality means different ways of taking off someone elses badge and putting your own on.

Could of been worse they could've 'borrowed' the Passat shape and called Seat Seattlese Best Coffee Sport Tourer 16V. Wonder if the estate will be Tea?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Personally I think it's quite sad just how close the car is to an Audi. Haven't Seat paid big bucks for an ex-Alfa designer? However, I suppose in this day in age of money ruling all and all car companys coming under one of 4 huge global brands originality means different ways of taking off someone elses badge and putting your own on.

Could of been worse they could've 'borrowed' the Passat shape and called Seat Seattlese Best Coffee Sport Tourer 16V. Wonder if the estate will be Tea?

Everything seen so far are just mock-ups and photo-chops. So until it's officially unveiled its difficult to pass judgement on the design really.

The ex Alfa designer you speak of was Walter Da Silva. He sodded off to Audi about 3 years ago. The new head of design at SEAT is Luc Donckerwolke, he is an ex Lamborghini designer. The Gallardo being one of his designs.

He recently unveiled his first commercial design for SEAT, the new Ibiza. He's also shown off a few of his prototypes over the last couple of years, such as the Tribu. He has been responsible for this new EXEO too.

Since joining SEAT he's focused on the company being able to design it's cars in-house. Over-seeing the development and opening of SEAT's own dedicated design centre.

SEE HERE - http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=746&Itemid=9

One of a kind in Spain, and one of very few actually dedicated manufacturer design centres in the world. Many manufacturers source out.

They also have a dedicated centre for the manufacture of prototypes. http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=688&Itemid=9

The first such work from this new centre is only just coming on stream now with the new Ibiza. Which has already had promising reviews in the press for it's build quality and appearance. SEAT are embarking on a huge program of new vehicle launches in various sectors over the coming few years.

Ibiza and EXEO are only the first such new vehicles rolling off the production line.

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Anyone know what chassis this will be using, is it the B7 or later, that being the 01 - 07 A4. Do people care that it was a total barge to drive, I think what ever face and ass the put on it, it will look like its a rice burner. I thought SEAT would have at least got the latest platform as per the superb. I just think this is going to cheapen the whole brand, if that was possible....

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise