seat alhambra buying guide

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
ive done a search for a buying guide but cant find anything.im after the 1.9 tdi pd engine one.2000 plus can anyone let me know what to look out for cheers

Lambchop

Bought one in April (1.9TDI tiptronic) has all the toys and a full history getting 38ish to the gallon,well chuffed with it but as for your question i tried all sorts of places for info do's and don'ts good and bad.as i work in the trade(window tints and mobile media stuff)found out they didn't stop on the forecourts long.

but also found this a good site...
honestjohn.co.uk

had two issues so far:-
the battery died every 3 days or so(turns out the battery was the original) sorted with new one
and the "check brake pads" light keeps coming on when the pads are good? not sorted yet..

oops long first post sorry

Tony

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Bought one in April (1.9TDI tiptronic) has all the toys and a full history getting 38ish to the gallon,well chuffed with it but as for your question i tried all sorts of places for info do's and don'ts good and bad.as i work in the trade(window tints and mobile media stuff)found out they didn't stop on the forecourts long.

but also found this a good site...
honestjohn.co.uk

had two issues so far:-
the battery died every 3 days or so(turns out the battery was the original) sorted with new one
and the "check brake pads" light keeps coming on when the pads are good? not sorted yet..

oops long first post sorry

Tony

Pad warning threshold is set early in the wear of the pads... I have only recently changed my first set!!! 45K removed the wiring some 20k ago...

MHig

I had that pad warning light issue on a Sharan. I got used to ignoring it and just keeping an eye on the pads as usual but my local garage did eventually find a short on one of the sensor wires.

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
my job for the weekend is to try find it................
had it all "detailed" a week ago and gona give it a wash and get some piccies of it up.

lol - I detailed mine myself the other week - images posted under AutoGlym Ultra Deep ..

The sensor wire Im sure is easily found - Dont have the car with me today other wise I would have had a quick look and posted a picture..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.