seat alhambra, internal lights flashing on and off

dizzystu

can anyone help, have a 51 plate 1.9tdi Alhambra and all the internal lights keep flashing on and off?? can anyone help?? thanks in advance!!

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
probably find that it's a damaged cable inside one of the door shuts - where the cables go from the car into the door. The cable bend back and forth for so many times then just snap. Same kind of thing happens to the speaker cables as well. Don't forget to check the one that goes into the rear door.

idmorris

Flashy lights

Stu I would agree with LandRover but when are the lights flashing on/off. Is it with ignition off, key out and door open? is it when you open the drivers door only or does it happen on any of the other doors (on thier own) ? is it the front internal light or the rear passenger lights? do the boot and door opening lights flash as well? Sorry for all the questions.

Things to possibly consider/do:

Try each door individually....if it happens on just one door in particular, do as landrover suggests and grab the cable loom that jumps across hinge side and give a sqeeze....do the lights stay on/do they go off altogether/does the flashing change. If so its a damaged cable in this area.

If the cable loom squeezing doesnt have any effect, have a look at the door contact switches. I found my kids had a knack of kicking the rear door switches which are located on the wheel arch section of the door shut. If not visibly damaged give them a squirt of WD40 and exercise them.

Hope this is of some help.

BTW I know Haynes dont do a manual for the Mk2 Alham but I managed to get one on ebay called 'Pocket Mechanic Vehicle manual' by Peter Russek. There are electrical diagrams included but as usual are not very clear but do give some good info.

Dan-Alhambra

I had the same prob on my 98 Bammer.. when the door was open the nearside rear door switch had a dirty connection and it was like a disco in the back of the bus when the door opened .. new switch and hey presto working fine ..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.