Seat and Leon virgin

frfred2009

Apr 22, 2012
Stoke On Trent
The mk 2's are awesome.. but so good and smooth and reliable that they are no fun at all.
I got one of them as well my mk1 FR. its got 60,000 miles on and its ready to sell if you are interested?

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
Hey reliable is always good lol I know what you mean tho and I am looking for something that pushes me into the chair and excites me when the feeling takes me. Do you mean your mk2 is for sale or your mk1? Tbh I'm going to stick it out until I find a mk1 as I know il only be annoyed that I settled for the mk2, even tho they are really nice motors. Is it true though that on the mk2 there's a sensor or sensors that need replacing at about 70k and cost about £1k to replace?

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
I've been thinking about that Leon with next to no service history and was thinking, would it be worth it if I knocked the price down and then use the money I save to buy a new cam shaft, tensioners, belts, water pump and full service? It's already at £5100 and all the others I found for that mileage (70k) are knocking on £6k. What do you think?

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
Ok so expanded my search by quite some miles and discovered 2 beauties!! Both at 52k miles, one being silver at £5000 and the other being black at £5500. The black one has full seat service stamps from new but the silver one has leather seats, cruise control and the much loved arm rest. It doesn't say full service history but he has had the car from the dealership with 17k on the clock and has said there has been no expense spared. Also the black one is from a dealership and the silver is private. The only down side is there like 2hrs away =\

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ms...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=201225476397962

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ms...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=201225476238206

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
I reckon the silver 1 would be worth traveling for,plus being private should be able to knock him down a bit if you turn up with cash

frfred2009

Apr 22, 2012
Stoke On Trent
Couple of good choices. Took me ages to find my FR. Paid £4700 Private for 05 plate 1.8T.

Yeh, my mk 2 is up far sale sat and ready to go...currently on PH.

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
I was thinking that, it has got a lot of goodies on it. On the other side though it does make me suspicious as shouldn't it be going for a hell of a lot more? Also I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I have searched and found nothing, but which is better out of cupra and fr?

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
Well guys i did it, i finally bought myself a leon! or as i like to now call it "the rocketship!" went all the way to leeds from birmingham with my dad and as soon as i saw it sitting on that forecourt i fell in love! so thanks guys for the help, i used all the tips you guys gave and hopefully its helped me secure a good'un.
heres a pic and im going to start up a readers ride thread now and become a fully fledged member of the club lol

regremoved.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members