SEAT APPROVED used cars

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
hey all

im looking to upgrade my 1.4 sport to an FR very soon. i keep looking out in the usual places to see what i can find but FR'S seem very few and far between. well the ones with low milage anyway. I was wondering if anyone has bought a used seat from their approved used cars website ? they seem to have several that look quite good even if they are a fair distance away. Im in leatherhead surrey and my local seat dealer where i got my car from has shut down so i dont have any local now.... any other ideas where to find a decent motor ? have tried auto trader etc..

cheers

stig..

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
I have.... After 6 months of very patient searching I traded in my 1.4FS for a Cupra TDI. Was looking everywhere for the right deal and ended up doing a 400 mile round trip for it as it was around the price of various local dealers were doing similar Cupras but it had only 16k on the clock (with full SEAT service history!) opposed to 50-60k from a non-SEAT dealer at the same price. I had a good haggle with them to get it at the price I was willing to pay and so far it's been a great motor!

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
fantastic and thanks for the reply. i have seen 1 in oldham i like the look of. bit of a journey for me as im down south but will be worth it. i better check its still there before i drive lol. im guessing the seat warrenty will cover any seat garage so if it went wrong i could use a garage down south if i could find one. they are few and far between where i live. did you search on the seat website for your motor ?

cheers

stig..

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
TBH I can't remember if I was specifically searching Seat sites (perobably not as they tended to be more expensive than smaller companies) but I'm sure they link their cars to others so that you stumble across them. Search, search and search some more as patience pays!

Don't forget the drive up there seems long, but with shed loads more power the way back home is great fun!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Any seat warrenty should be good across all official seat garages.
I've always bought my cars from one garage in Caldicot thats Mechanics are VW enthusiasts.
Cant go wrong!

Check Thompsons and Thompsons
http://www.thompson-thompson.co.uk/sales.asp?make=63

Give them a call, They did have a Yellow FR there a few weeks ago but it never made it onto the site.
Their service is exceptional.
They know me and my Cupra very well ;)

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
many thanks again for the replies, i will have a look at all options and take my time. i will check the garage mentioned as above. always nice to get recommendations :D i would rather not have a yellow or black FR but cant be choosey if the milage and condition are excellent...i will want the garage to do a few little mods for me, simple things like tinting windows and swapping the mirrors for black gloss cupra ones. im sure they wont mind..

cheers

stig..:D