SEAT - Arnold Clark Edinburgh -Seafield Rd

trax

nut chucker
Apr 15, 2004
Scotland/NorthEast
Brand new premises on Seafield Road East. Took it in for it's 20k, got some waffle about me needing new discs and pads + others when the discs needed a slight de-glazing.

First time it rains, and I now have a pond in the passengers footwell.

Cheers arnold clark! No scratches this time tho.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
sounds about right for Arnold Shark, all their dealerships I've used over the years are utter crap and the Seat one the worst by a mile.

douglasgdmw

Must admit that I tried Arnold Clark and were completely disgusted by their Sales staff.

We were buying the Cupra as a second car and turned up in a very respectable motor with a lot more performance than the Cupra. They accompanied me on the test drive, only allowed me to go on a 50mph motorway and an industrial estate because it was their insurance approved test route:-(

I effectively walked away and went down to Seat dealership in Earlston with my cash. I now go down there to get the servicing done as I do not like giving my custom to Arnold Clark. Got some new rear Pads for the cupra recently and they sent them up and just asked that I send a cheque down. How good is that for customer service.

Suppose that is what you expect from a high volume dealership anyway.

millsyscossie

Oct 29, 2006
Bonnie Scotland
I know these are old posts guys but Edinburgh SEAT at Seafield are still SHITE

Bought my 05 plate Fr TDI and collected it last Tuesday 5th Jan......

Collection time was 2pm so was there for collection time, did the paperwork and guff etc etc and sales guy says the mechanics are replacing a few bulbs etc, ok, anyways turns out it was just being MOT'd..... Sales guy didnt realise the mechanics had the monday holiday....... fair enough as i didnt think about it myself.

Salesman caem back and said the tyres are still legal but they dont sell a car with less than 3mm tread....BUT we dont have them in stock, thats fine i said ill bring the car back when they come in, was told Friday and to just pop in, Train was late for the missus going to work in Edinburgh that day so said ill just drive her in then nip to SEAT on way back .......To get the ohh the tyres aint here yet due to the snow........bullshit, anyway was booked in for the following monday and was told at the desk i was also getting a oil and filter service (salesman said unless its due it wont get it)

Anyways the whole time i had the car from the tuesday there was a humming noise at 60-70mph, now i thought maybe its just the low tyres on the front (as i had this with a passat and thought it was a duff wheel bearing) so awaited till the tyres were fitted and had to get home to pick stepson up from school but noise was still there........Knew straight away that it was a wheel bearing that is now reallly loud at low speed.

Phoned up garage to tell them and they basically wouldnt take my word for it and had to re-book the car in for inspection, did this on Friday just past and 90 mins later i get told my car is ready............Is it fixed then.......NO we need to order the bearing in [:@], So it nows go's in this Friday afternoon for fitment

What a joke, IF the car had been properly MOT'd they would have noticed the wheel bearing was knackered.

Once its had the bearing done under the warrenty it will never be back there, i do my own servicing anyway but wont even buy a car there again

I did however buy a full service kit for the leon there and got all the filters and new sump plug at trade prices

Tagsy87

Aug 25, 2008
Central Scotland
i bought my cupra r from here and told them before i bought it that the door seals were coming off and needed replaced and got told they will be done for me, waited 3 weeks on my car got it then the door seals werent done got that annoyed took it to earlston and they sorted it. the next problem was the wet footwell which they quoted 300 for :lol: i took it to my local vw and they done it for 50 including drying it out for me while it was in htere garage

smallgiraffe

I've bought 2 SEAT's now from Arnold Clark SEAT Edinburgh as they tend to be much cheaper than other garages when pre-registered and always had a fantastic experience with the salesman I have dealt with. Never had anything go wrong with the cars as they were both new so cant really comment on aftersales.

Would definately recommend

critch4

Ibiza GTi 16v Cupra Sport
Aug 20, 2009
Newcastle
the parts department at seafield are useless too, I ALWAYS have to give them the part numbers otherwise they cant find them, and if I pay over the phone I have to tell they guy which details off my card to take down!!

Sianie89

I dont know if this will help, but I work in the car industry and i know quite a few arnold Clark dealerships are now being taken over. I know that the latest one to be taken over was manchester, so hopefully the rest will be taken over soon and made alot better :)

hoger954

Nov 23, 2009
Co.Durham
Arnold Clark Newcastle wast of time got my fr 150 from ther 6 months ago and still waiting for the service book that it had when i went to see the car. Even complained to the complaints dep and that was a wast of time anyone no were i can complain about the complaints dep NEVER GET ANOTHER CAR FROM THEM and this is no7 but no more

Last edited:

shamie_ibizacup

my mk4 ibiza cupra 20vt is sitting in this garage now with a melted engine and a hefty bill of £4000 to repair it. and my warranty will not cover me because the guys at the garage are blaming me when it isnt my fault :(

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
If what you say is correct and it can be proved this is who to call, folow link and send all details. Keep a note of all correspondance e mail or write the Garage as you then have proof of what was said,phone calls and promises mean nothing as you need evidence log all you can remember.Dont be Fobbed off by them and dont go near the Garage without a credible witness.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/life/consumer/contact-the-judge/ Outstanding

Also Arnold Clark Customer Services
http://www.arnoldclark.com/contact-us/customer-services.html Personally wasnt any help.

Last edited:

shamie_ibizacup

Well what happend was mmy car had a slight leak in the radiator a couple of months ago, i had the car in for a full srevice and this is when they told me, they said they would have to order the radiator in and said they would be in contact. the person on the desk told me that it was fine to drive the car and never mentiond atall that this could cause fatal damage to the engine eventually. they called me to book an appointment to bring it in eventually then the bad weather hit so i could not take it in. last tues i called the garage to book in but i asked the service manager if i could take it to my local arnold clark to have it fitted as i wasnt sure about driving it all the way into edinburgh(im from livingston) and he said no it would have to be brought into them, just make sure the coolant was topped up. so i did and the car made it to salamander street then poof cloud of smoke and steam pouring out of the bonnet and it was stinking.The matter of the fact is that the service manager told me to drive the car into edinburgh and to be honest they should have just kept my car in after the service as i should not have been driving about in a car with a burst radiator, well now ive been told this by someone who know what they are talking about :(

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Thats a sore one,I don't suppose you have nothing in writing his word against yours nightmare. I would try AC customer service first.
best of luck you will need it.

shamie_ibizacup

yeh ive tried customer services they cant help me. it is my word against his basically, all i can say as ill never use arnold clark again after all the horror storries ive read about online they are a joke. i wil contact the judge at the sunday mail though and se if there is anything they can do for me, thanks for your help though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise