SEAT - Arnold Clark Edinburgh -Seafield Rd

shamie_ibizacup

thanks. im just waiting on them returning a call i made to them the other day, wil prob have to call again tomorrow.

shamie_ibizacup

yeh i have contacted them aswell waiting on a reply haha.

dazzler32

I'm not best pleased with the customer service either. I ordered a brand new Leon fr in white and it might not be delivered in time for the current offer but they had 1 on order in speed blue which was due in by the of feb. As he thought the white one wouldn't arrive till the end of april but i was happy to take the blue.
So i called the salemans to find out when it is due in but he's been moved from seat to renault so couldn't access the system. he said he would find out and call me back, he never called back and i have tried calling 3 more times and asked to be called back and i'm still waiting.
Today i called and asked to speak to the Sales manager and he was busy. i'm goinng to call first thing tomorrow and if that fails i will be paying them a visit and demanding my deposit back.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
And the papers won't touch any story about them as they would threaten to pull their couple of million pounds worth of advertising if they did. Well in my cynical opinion anyway. ;)

almac

They've been awful any time I've had to use them. Had my car in supposedly for one day, didn't bother calling me to let me know that they were going to have to keep it in overnight and when I phoned to find out what was going on, nobody seemed to have any idea.

dazzler32

They have somehow lost my order for my new leon!!!
Not a happy bunny get my deposit back but i sold my Megane R26 3wks ago so now i'm car less and really annoyed that they've put me in this positon.

This has put me of Seat for the time being.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Not a happy bunny get my deThis has put me of Seat for the time being.

Bit of a stupid comment that is it not? Just because you have a bad experience with that particular dealer should'nt mean that you should be put off seat. Just try another dealer, you might get a better deal elsewhere as well.

dazzler32

Not really. its how i feel!
With hindsight i shouldn't of sold my R26 till the Leon was delivered.

almac

Not really. its how i feel!
With hindsight i shouldn't of sold my R26 till the Leon was delivered.

I bought mine (secondhand admittedly) from Livingstone's in Uddingston and they were excellent. Got a couple of paint scuffs out, serviced it for free and put 6 months more tax than they'd said on it.

st@rgixxer

GSXR Junkie!!!
Mar 27, 2010
Edinburgh
I never go near Seat in Edinburgh, they wanted to charge me over £140 for a diagnostic run to check my airbags.
I use Autohaus in Loanhead, two guys, ex Audi Mastertechs, great service, quick quality work. Have even fixed alot of things on my car for free!
(two days before my wedding last year, my airbag light came on. They took it in, scanned it, took out the seats and replaced the fir connectors for free, and called it a wedding present).

hazzabaz

I purchased my used 1.6 Altea from dealership in cardiff, originally from Scotland and maintained by arnold clark in edinburgh, last service it had was in arnold clarks seat 40k service, i phoned them to ask if the cambelt and water pump had been replaced on the 40k interval they said "errrr no" i asked why not, they said "errrr dont know" what a muppet, the mileage is on 57k now so im just glad i hasnt failed!! so spent my weekend replacing cambelt and waterpump. Looking now on this forum sounds like they are a bunch of idiots. I have just emailed Seat H.Q expressing my concerns. If no joy with that may give trading standards a shout.

olip74

Sep 24, 2009
Edinburgh
OK old thread but in case you're wondering if owt has changed, two experiences of AC in Seafield.

1. When ordering we were unsure if we would get the car at the old price or new, difference of £500. As it was through the scrappage scheme the salesman said it didn't affect his margin and sweetened the deal by saying he would throw in a full tank of fuel and some mats. When we got the car at the cheaper price he wheedled out of it by saying that only stood if we were paying the extra £500 but that wasn't the form of words we had agreed.
2. The wife put a smallish dent in the wing and I didn't want to claim on the insurance. I took it to AC workshop, was quoted £600 to replace the wing and told it couldn't be repaired as the dent traversed a moulding. Took it to Seafield Coachworks and got it fixed for £235.

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
TBH surprised they still have the franchise as I would rather use a bicycle than buy a car from them absolute NIGHTMARE.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members