SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

jem16

Jan 13, 2008
Glasgow
Anyone, I am thinking of the new HTC Hero so an answer on the magic will give good indication.

No-one seems to know re the Magic. However I have searched on here and found the Google G1 does work - I believe it's the same OS as the Magic and Hero?

samsweechum

I can now report the Samsung Tocco touch screen phone will connect to the bluetooth system and has uploaded the phonebook from the phone's memory (not the sim card) without any problems whatsoever.

So go ahead and add it to the list!

Gerry
I rushed out and bought a Samsung F480 as my motorola wouldn't upload the phonebook. The Samsung loads everything which is fantastic, only trouble is it doesn't connect automatically like my motorola did. Resigned myself to the fact that you can't have everything, and the Samsung is a brilliant phone. Anyone have any ideas? Hopefully!

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I think it's not the phone that initiates the connection but rather the car-system. That's why you should make sure bluetooth is always enabled on your phone and also that it's visible (although my Sony Ericsson device is hidden but the car still connects to it on ignition). You should also review your headset settings in the mobile phone - maybe you should ensure the SEAT_UHV device is set as a default headset or to activate automatically if connected or something like that. Sony Ericsson devices work like a charm :)

samsweechum

Thanks for all your suggestions about the F480. The trouble was there is no option to look at the devices paired and tell it to connect automatically. I've gone through the process again and made sure the phones visibility is on and now it works and I'm so happy!:D

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Works well with my HTC Dimond. Full feautres??

I've got a HTC Touch Diamond 2 which finds the Seat_BT but then fails to pair, i dont get the pin request or anything.

I've double checked that i am doing it right (according to the manual) but cant get it working.

Does anyone know if the Diamond 2 works or can anyone give me any tips with the process of pairing it up ? never had any trouble with any other bluetooth setup in other cars

So far it only finds the Seat_BT when i turn the ignition to the second click and turn the media centre on (so its in boot mode). I dont get any further than that !

HELP...lol

Last edited:

Jamieoc1

W995

Anyone know if the Sony Ericcson W995 works ok with the bluetooth??

Cheers

Jamie

ramon18

+ Nokia 3310 works (almost perfectly, cant't remember)!
+ HTC Touch Cruise works (not perfectly)!
+ iPhone 3GS works perfectly!

olip74

Sep 24, 2009
Edinburgh
Just ordered a Samsung Jet (S8000) - haven't seen it mentioned in this thread. Think it came out in June so wouldn't expect it to be in the official compatibility list.

Samsung compatibility seems to be OK from what I can see but can anyone report on this phone?

olip74

Sep 24, 2009
Edinburgh
Scratch that - the Jet is rubbish for music and mass storage transfers. I also got sick of the resistive touch screen so it went back.

Now awaiting delivery of HTC Hero, looks like it should work but can anyone confirm? Cheers.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Well bought a samsung tocco lite s5320 connects ok but will not show phone book or any of the call lists but voice dial works ok. Has anyone found if there is a Seat update for bluetooth yet?
kev

olip74

Sep 24, 2009
Edinburgh
I've yet to make 15 posts on this forum so can't post the URLs, however I discovered today that Android 2.0 will have OPP (Object Push) and PBAP (Phone Book Access) BT support. This means, in theory, that any phone capable of supporting Android 2.0 should be fully compatible with the Seat BT system.

In other news HTC have today confirmed that the Hero will recieve an Android 2.0 update once the Sense UI has been tweaked. I'm a happy boy :clap: but I still have another 4 or 5 weeks to wait for my new Leon before I can test it out. The question is will the HTC upgrade come first or not?

Fonzie

Anyone got a definitive answer on the HTC Hero with their Leon bluetooth? Really want to order the phone but would be put off by not being able to use it with my car!!