SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

Costantino

I can confirm the Samsung Galaxy S works with SEAT Bluetooth

uh
but..........
H

It doesn't Auto connect like my iPhone did :cry:
Hi,
I tried the galaxy today and works fine. The autoconnect works aswell!! I didnt adjust anything in the phone settings.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I can confirm the Samsung Galaxy S works with SEAT Bluetooth

but..........

It doesn't Auto connect like my iPhone did :cry:

Well I have an HTC desire and pretty sure that and the galaxy s runs the same android system.
My HTC seems hitty missy on pairing on its own unless I wake the phone and knock the lock off and it pairs instantly.
I looked on google and seems to be a common issue when they are in power saving mode

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just to confirm after returning to the car later on that evening the Galaxy S with Android 2.1 DOES autoconnect :D

rockape

Sep 12, 2009
Edge of the North Pennines
I can get my Galaxy to connect and when it rings, answer it through the car but for some reason it wont load up my contacts or even the phone menu. When I select the phone on the MFD it just says that there is'nt a phone paired:shrug: Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

FRozz

Oct 17, 2010
Romania
My Nokia N97 works fine. Connects automatically and phone book loads. Surprising since nothing else on this piece of sh1t phone works as it should!

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Orange San francisco works fine with phonebook functionality etc. Hooray!

A massive improvement over that POS Nokia 5800 which has been all but abandoned by Nokia.

frazer

My HTC Desire (2.2, unbranded) pairs seemlessly.

The phonebook works well and I can also stream bluetooth audio to the Media Centre 2.1.

top notch!

Shezza

Anyone know if the Nokia E71 works on all models?

My g/f has the Cupra & it works fine although the noise it makes on connection is bloody annoying!
However, the 2 other partners have brand new FR's and they cant use the steering wheel controls on either of theirs, all 3 have Nokia E71's

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Anyone know if the Nokia E71 works on all models?

My g/f has the Cupra & it works fine although the noise it makes on connection is bloody annoying!
However, the 2 other partners have brand new FR's and they cant use the steering wheel controls on either of theirs, all 3 have Nokia E71's

nokias are historically fickle pairing with the bluetooth. however, if it pairs the steering wheel controls should work despite the model of car or phone.

Shezza

Just been doing a bit more digging and found out all 3 Nokia phones will connect to the Cupra without any problems, and can be controlled using the stearing wheel buttons. But although the phones will connect to the FR's bluetooth, no problems, they cannot be controlled using the stearing wheel buttons. Also both of the FR's have the media upgrade pack, the Cupra doesn't have this as the gf already has a sat-naff and refused to pay the extra £1500 for a better stereo!

Sounds to me like the media upgrade could be causing the problems, possibly retro-fitted before they took delivery of them????? Any suggestions?

I have the Media System 2.1 and the only phone control available on the steering wheel is picking up calls, ending calls or redialling the last number. With the MS2.1, you need to use the stereo for most phone functions. Are you sure it's not just as-designed?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
I have the Media System 2.1 and the only phone control available on the steering wheel is picking up calls, ending calls or redialling the last number. With the MS2.1, you need to use the stereo for most phone functions. Are you sure it's not just as-designed?

if thats the case its a bit of piss poor design then.

its meant to be a handsfree, therefore legal, system.
surely they wont have taken what is a backward step with what is a newer, cost, option :confused:

if thats the case its a bit of piss poor design then.

its meant to be a handsfree, therefore legal, system.
surely they wont have taken what is a backward step with what is a newer, cost, option :confused:
This very point was raised in a different thread recently. Handsfree just means "without holding the handset" not "without using your fingers". So the new system is perfectly legal, I'm sure, but I agree it's a backwards step getting rid of voice control and apparently having no means to browse the phone book or recent call stacks on the MFD... :(
It makes it worse that the screen is quite far down so you hardly want to be fiddling about with that while driving.

Shezza

The 2 FR owners asked the question (a number of times!) and each time they have been told it should allow you to have full control of your phone using the steering wheel controls & is therefore legal. BUT each time they have complained they get the same reply from Seat.... "it is your phone that is the problem and not the steering wheel". Looks to me like a case of getting the technical stuff right & forgetting about the basics, looks like they are stuck with what they have for a while..... serves em right for not getting the Cupra! lol

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
My iPhone 4 connects perfect but how the funk do you scroll through the contacts list when it comes up on the dash???? I've tried the arrow and volume buttons on the right of the steering wheel. Am I missing something or just completely daft???