Seat bolster repair - anyone done it or blagged it under warranty??

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
As per title, Have any of you guys who have maybe had issues with the lower seat bolster on the seat base (RHS as you get it in) managed to succesfully get it repaired or maybe even blag the repair under warranty via your local dealer maybe!

I know i'm not alone in having issues with the bolster squashing/ going flat which in turn causes your cloth/leather to crease and wrinkle as the sponge has flattened and is no-longer pulling the cover into shape properly!

My car's still under warranty and has only covered just over 17k miles and the crushed bolster/creasing leather not only looks shabby, but it will obviously cause premature wear of the leather on the bolster too if nothing is done about it!

I have asked Dave at Sere whether or not you can indeed get new sponges for the seat bases as i'm sure it can only be the sponge that has gone out of shape or worn over time as you get in and out, but i'd like to sort it if poss and try n get the seat bolster back to it's proper shape!

I'm betting the dealers won't even entertain it as a warranty claim and will simply say it's normal wear n tear, but if i know it CAN/has been repaired then atleast i know something CAN be done about it as it lets the rest of the interior down imo!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I've seen a couple of Leons in showrooms like this, I guess it's to do with the way the driver gets in/out of the car.

Good luck with the warranty, I bet the stealers say it's normal wear and tear too.

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Just to put a happy end to this (for me atleast)

Had the car in at the local dealers recently to have my 2nd year service done and whilst i was in i brought up my two warranty concerns (namely the knackered drivers seat base sponge and wearing leather cover on the RHS leg bolster and the mouldy/drooping underbonnet insulation), & i thought i might just stand a chance of getting the insulation done, but seriously doubted getting the seat repaired - how wrong was i on BOTH counts![B)]

Got a call from the dealers warranty guy pretty much as i got home from booking the car in for the service and he said i might have a problem with the insulation, but as far the seat sponge and cover go - he had over-all say and it was going to get done without question!

Anyway - got a phonecall Tuesday day to say that all my parts were now in stock and when did i want to book the car in for the work to be completed, As of today i now have a new sponge and leather seat base cover and a new under bonnet felt:D

Just thought i'd share this so any of you guys who may have a similar problem can know that you do stand a good chance of getting this sorted and not being turned down flat - i certainly wasn't!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.