SEAT confirms defence of its BTCC title in 2007

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT TO DEFEND BTCC TITLE

SEAT will enter a two-car team in the 2007 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, with the main aim of defending its Manufacturers' title.

The Northampton-based SEAT Sport UK team will field a pair of race-prepared SEAT Leon touring cars. The new Leon, which made a title-winning debut in 2006, scored 11 wins and 24 podium finishes in the 30 races to win the Manufacturers' title by 44 points.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
so who is in line to pair up with JP? darren turner was impressive last season,a real fighter.deserved to be on the top step last season.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It was never in doubt really, it would of been rude not to defend the title. :)

Looking forward to the season ahead. Hopefully they won't make it hard work for themselves this year, and things will go according to plan. :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
so who is in line to pair up with JP? darren turner was impressive last season,a real fighter.deserved to be on the top step last season.

Safe money says Thommo will partner up for a full season with JP, if they can afford the wages. And considering that Thommo hasn't bagged himself a WTCC drive somewhere

But Darren was equally impressive, and is more than deserving of a chance in BTCC.

jonv

Sep 2, 2005
Should be a good year for Seat. Their S2000 experience will help a lot.
On the second driver - do they go with experience (Thommo, Rydell ?) and risk sharing points between two competing drivers or go with a newbie (Jackson, Turner ?) and let Plato go for the title as last year ?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Tania Zaetta is rumoured to be partnering JP,standing on the roof of his leon :D

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I'll bet he wishes he was the 2nd driver when he's struggling with that dog of a Honda Accord. Assuming he's driving that anyway, I know that no more of them are available, so someone must have bought them.

I'd like to see Darren Turner get the 2nd car. He was even unluckier than JP last season.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
I'll bet he wishes he was the 2nd driver when he's struggling with that dog of a Honda Accord. Assuming he's driving that anyway, I know that no more of them are available, so someone must have bought them.

I'd like to see Darren Turner get the 2nd car. He was even unluckier than JP last season.

he seemed a breath of fresh air on track at times,seem to really give it some pasty,and as you say bloody unlucky at times.:(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.