SEAT Cupra 280 SC Side Skirts

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
The Skirts should be standard on a circa £28000 car as it really improves the look.

Last edited:

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Paid £675 for mine (when it finally arrives) and really think they finish off the look of the car. Some people may see them as a waste of money, I however like them so have ordered them. It's down to personal preference.

Clearly Fred 99 is not a fan though :mad:

No, I'm not a fan of spending that sort of money on something that many on this forum agree should either be cheaper or included on the Cupra, and possibly on the FR as well.

I didn't say I didn't like the look of them, but I just question their value.

It did surprise me that the Cupra is so "normal" and others have commented on that - like you have an even more limited choice of colours. I really think, for all the extra cost over an FR, that it should look a bit more exciting without having to pay out, literally thousands, for a body kit that I think should be on there in the first place or at least available as a lower cost option.

How much does it cost Seat to make all this stuff? Hardly anything - it's just some extra metal, plastic and paint!

If people want to spend that sort of money, then that's their choice but I am still entitled to my opinion on the subject, I am certainly not trying to change anyone else's opinion. If I gave that impression, I apologise.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
OK done a quick photoshop on my car. Not quite got the colour match right with a hint of pink, but you get the idea.

main.php

main.php

I prefer with, but need to save the pennies. :)

Scott

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I have the side skirts on my Cupra mk2 and that was a deal breaker for me I really wanted them and make the mk2 Cupra IMHO

If you like the side skirts then go for it , if you don't then don't go for it simples.

One thing though , for people who are buying a new car with side skirts and paying £600 odd quid , what happened to your negotiation skills ? You got a good discount on a new car and paid full price for the skirts , I would have walked away if I hadn't got at least 50% the skirts as a deal breaker, a salesman is not going to let you walk away from a £26k deal for some plastic parts.

But if you think you got a good deal then fair play.

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
I wanted the cupra but high mileage economy drew me to the 184fr. The purchase saving I made was invested on the skirts, spoiler, bumper and exhaust. I love the kit but it is a criminally expensive option and some elements should have been std on fr and cupra.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
The Bad Boy will be on the Road on Wednesday Pics to follow,3dr 280 Emocian Red. With Skirts!!.
The Mrs has been going crazy waiting .:rofl:

Last edited:

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Hi All as promised here's a few pics of the 280 Cupra in Red,With Skirts absolute Fantastic Car. Sealed the wheels going to Detail Car with Zaino system Z5 Z6 & Z8

leon2_zps332438bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Looks gorgeous mate. Think the rear windows need a darker tint though than the standard, was hoping it would be darker than it looks in these pics. Side skirts really finish the styling off.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Thanks, the pics don't do it justice a beautiful machine will post more after I give her a detail.

Bower1990

Apr 12, 2014
Northumberland
I fancy the skirts on mine, I rang my dealer for a quote, she said she would speak to the body shop (either that or parts dept, I forget!! Lol)

so anyhoo she came back to me....apparently the guy she spoke to said the skirts don't fit the cupra and there isnt another option up to now. She told him that I use this forum and had seen that other member's are getting them fitted so she wanted seat uk to confirm this in writing, which they did....

She said they might be a close fit but not perfect...

anyone else been told the same? I think it could also be a case that they do fit just seat haven't confirmed them as a cupra extra yet?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members