SEAT Cupra 280 SC Side Skirts

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Their is a big mad intercooler where the fog lights go. This car is awesome and should only be sold to those that have a pilots licence or at least 100 hours on the play station LOL.:D

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
My last car a Guilietta Sportiva had skirts and distinguished it from 'normal' cars as do the Leon ones which I like. The stone chip protection is functional so I'm ok with it. I spent a small fortune on carbon wheels for my bike which if the wife found out she'd be after me with a frying pan so each to their own ;o)

raflo83

Dec 22, 2013
Wroclaw, Poland
quick question, I ordered separately side skirts to Cupra 5d and they will be mounted by the Dealer. Should I be affraid of that operation? e.g. incorrect fitting to the car etc. Are they glued as it was in case of Cupra 1P?

KenTT

There not to everyones taste (me included) so I would not want to see them as part of standard fitted kit, therefore stay as an option.

But I agree they are far to expensive for those adding them at the point of ordering the car.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
There not to everyones taste (me included) so I would not want to see them as part of standard fitted kit, therefore stay as an option.

But I agree they are far to expensive for those adding them at the point of ordering the car.

Unless you can wangle them into you deal for nowt when sorting out the purchase price. I had them when they were standard on a 2004 Biza Cupra PD 160, and look good when new, but if you want to use the supplied jack (puncture), you have to remove a small panel and it never go's back right. Would not want them again as the Leon ones have the jack panels too.

KenTT

Unless you can wangle them into you deal for nowt when sorting out the purchase price. I had them when they were standard on a 2004 Biza Cupra PD 160, and look good when new, but if you want to use the supplied jack (puncture), you have to remove a small panel and it never go's back right. Would not want them again as the Leon ones have the jack panels too.

Totally agree, that's the best time to push for a reasonable deal on any extras, I did it at the end of the month/year, that helps too :)

marlop

http://www.magnatuning.ro/en/product/15202/Seat-Leon-5F-Recto-Side-Skirts

Found these for a fraction of the price (180) and they look pretty similar. Might have to try them instead of forking out 700.
These are the Rieger side skirts, and they look really good.
a9174a4e1975b4e4b5c95594c8af7314.jpg

24fc069608802e656fce08a3adba1604.jpg

Here on a Leon from the French forum. Gorgeous!
a4dbed2ad0c8e601541da0dd2afbfd72.jpg

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
They do look really smart in those pics. But I may do the same and save a few more pennies to get the seat skirts

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.