Seat dealership can't fix my Toledo - help!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Hopefully they have considered MAF. If they haven't try running it unplugged for a bit and see if there's an improvement.

Idle potentiometer should throw up fault codes.

Muttley has a point given re the performance port system. Like him I don't know what effect it staying stuck in the performance position would have but it is a rev specific issue (changing over at 4300 rpm) and at least worth putting out there for investigation as a cheap fix solution.

I too am perplexed that they haven't tried a number of cheaper ideas first in the absence of fault codes (MAF doesn't always give them). The front desk bod sometimes talks generically about timing belts and you would be surprised how many don't register the fact that the V5 is chain driven. It worries me sometimes that mechanics are less acquainted with the V5 engine . It's an absolute nightmare to be shipping out so much money on a car of relatively low value with no guaranteed fix. It's very poor of the dealer to charge full whack. They should at least be reducing bills based on the fact that previous efforts did not work. I've had bills reduced just because they seemed rather a lot compared the value of the car even when they got it right first time!

My sympathies. Really hope you get it sorted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.