SEAT Derby

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
SEAT Derby at this point in time is one to avoid. Following points:

Complete disorganisation lack of staff and headless chicken staff springs to mind

Car park is so rammed of cars damage is going to happen. In my case our brand new car was parked into some bushes and suffered scratches to the bonnet and wings.

Customer service is almost zero. Wife went in to sign docs at pre-arranged day/time sales person had forgotten and was off site. No one else seemed to know how to print the docs out or just could not be bothered.

When I complained about the above scratches, just under a week later I was told that it was a week and nothing they could do. After a strong complaint to Bristol Street head office they relented and asked me to come in to see their smart repairer. Turned up at time requested and waited two hours before going back to see if it was finished. The car had not moved so NOTHING had been done. Apparently I had been pushed back as sales had an urgent car that need to go out!!

I got the feeling that they firmly believed the scratches were caused by me and I was treated accordingly. [:@]

Most of the scratches have come out but three remain and would require a repaint of both wings and bonnet on a two week old car that was perfect before SEAT Derby got their hands on the car. Compensation & live with it may be the better option than the hassle of rejection.

Worst service I have ever had with regards to ordering and picking up a new car.

Pentagon SEAT Nottingham seem a much better local option.

Update: Atter the general manager telling more porkie pies to SEAT CS than Melton Mowbary makes, I got £100 "gesture of goodwill". They even lied about the cheque that had a date different to the one it had, unless SEAT Derby are involved in time travelling...

Just changed to an Arona SE Tech Lux 115 derv via Pentagon Nottinghm - service could not be more different, made £200 on the Leon and had a car within 2 weeks. Very efficient and smooth - paperwork ready to be signed on the pre-arranged day/time. Car ready and no 'dealer fitted' scratches!! Chalk and cheese as far as dealerships are concerned.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.