Seat dies for no reason. Please help!

Flenskatt

Oct 3, 2018
Hello,

My Seat Leon FR 2.0 randomly dies sometimes. It runs perfectly without any idles and it dosnt matter if i go 20mph or 80mph it just dies and comes back up again. The engine stops for like a secound then turns back on again. Been driving like this for the past 4 years, no workshop can find the problem since there arent any faulty codes. Sometimes when I switch things like the fuel injector it can run perfect for a week without dying but then it starts to die again. In the recent year the car has started to die when it gets warm and never when its cold.

If anyone have suggestions please help! I cant afford leaving the car to a workshop again without results.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, is your FR petrol or diesel? Do you have anything you can do any logging with? I'd start with logging fuel rail pressure. If it's petrol, cam follower would be worth looking at (assuming plugs n packs have already been done). If it's diesel I'd be looking at the DPF/EGR.

Flenskatt

Oct 3, 2018
Hi, is your FR petrol or diesel? Do you have anything you can do any logging with? I'd start with logging fuel rail pressure. If it's petrol, cam follower would be worth looking at (assuming plugs n packs have already been done). If it's diesel I'd be looking at the DPF/EGR.

Hey, its a petrol. Never done any logging but can be worth trying. Been wondering if it could be the crankshaft but it should show fault codes and should effect the driving. If it would be the crankshaft i think that it would have become even worse after 4 years too.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Has it ever had the cam follower changed?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Does sound like a coolant sensor to me if the car is ok cold but cuts out once warm and the engine tries to stay running if its cold. Is the fuel economy any worse than it used to be?

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Could be anything be like pissing in the wind, swapping out parts everywhere. Has the car been scanned with a VAG scanner such as VCDS? The engine just stopping is going to be the ECU detecting a major fault where it thinks the car is unsafe to continue or maybe it's losing power who knows!

Reactions: Flenskatt

Flenskatt

Oct 3, 2018
Could be anything be like pissing in the wind, swapping out parts everywhere. Has the car been scanned with a VAG scanner such as VCDS? The engine just stopping is going to be the ECU detecting a major fault where it thinks the car is unsafe to continue or maybe it's losing power who knows!

Left the car at a workshop and they just returned it without finding anything. 200$ in the drain :/

Flenskatt

Oct 3, 2018
Does sound like a coolant sensor to me if the car is ok cold but cuts out once warm and the engine tries to stay running if its cold. Is the fuel economy any worse than it used to be?
I dont think that the fuel economy is worse and i think that the car used to die before even when it was completly warm. Could have come from nowhere and with no effects