Seat Exeo Key Fob/Central Locking (and Wing Mirror) Issue

Nov 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a Seat Exeo and I'm wondering if there's a way to programme the key to the central locking, as I'm unable to lock the car with the key fob. I can lock the car manually using the driver's side door lock, but it's not responding to the key fob buttons. I've read through various articles on this forum that explain how to reprogramme with two keys, but unfortunately I only have the original. Would really appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Also the far side wing mirror isn't folding in at all, whereas the nearside one folds using the wing mirror switch, would also really appreciate any advice on this issue as well!

Thanks.

May 8, 2019
Hello,
Not that I can help but I have the exact same issue.
When I bought the car I was only given one key. Now the lock button doesn't work.
Seat quoted me £600+ for a new key so hoping there is an alternative solution as I need new keys...
Will follow this thread with interest...

Nov 15, 2019
Hi mate,

Google locksmiths in your area, I got mine fixed for £20! Tell them to choose Audi A4 b7 as the Seat Exeo isn't on many of the computers that locksmiths will have! Should be able to fix it for you.

Nov 15, 2019
Hello,
Not that I can help but I have the exact same issue.
When I bought the car I was only given one key. Now the lock button doesn't work.
Seat quoted me £600+ for a new key so hoping there is an alternative solution as I need new keys...
Will follow this thread with interest...

See post above

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
Put the key in the ignition, turn it but don't start, press the key buttons. Wait a moment...take it out and test the key buttons outside the car.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.