Seat exeo sportourer - photochop

Leonidas

1020521657.jpg

I'd say this one is near enough.
Just to let every1 know, its a PHOTOCHOP

warren_cox

Back from the dead
With the prices being launched I've just taken another look at ths car. It hasn't grown on me, and I'd rather have a 2nd hand A4.

I know this estate is a chop, but it looks better than the saloon (unless you view it absolutely side on). The front grille is so unforgivable only David Blunkett could happily have one as a limo.

hanxslf

According to Auto Express (new year special) no 1,044 on page 31 the EXEO is a previous generation Audi A4 Restyled and re-badged.

Leonidas

Apparently from some of the reviews iv read on Spanish websites the interior is every bit as good as the A4 convertible(which is supposed to be better than the normal saloon)

Aguilo

Belgian Beer
Jan 10, 2009
Belgium (Liège)
A4 convertible quality is the same as saloon (i've seen the two)

But i hope than Seat won't change the Audi material quality, but i think they will because it will be too expensive to product...

C11PRA

Seat actually removed the A4 production line from somewhere in Germany Europe and reinstalled it in Spain to produce the Exeo in the same materials as the Audi so this should be a real stunner!.
First experiences of the car will be in February.
Interior has a quality feel about it and has the Audi touch.
Lets wait and see it in the Flesh. I won't one in Galeo Blue Custom Colour.

DOWIE

I like it, different and I cant see em selling too many so it be a bit "different"

SEAT UK PR

Nice to see the interest in the new Exeo on here chaps - if I helps I can clarify a few things about the car.
Yes, it uses the outgoing Audi A4 as its basis, and much of the tooling was transported from Germany to Martorell. Like all SEATs, bar the Alhambra (which is produced in Portugal), the Exeo is built in Spain.
Around 40% of the Exeo is new to the car (ie different to the A4 saloon), most notably the common-rail diesel engines, plus some tweaks to the suspension to make it feel like a SEAT should, different styling front and rear to make it fall into line with the new look established by Luc with the Ibiza, and a number of other, smaller modifications.
There is a strong business logic behind the car. In order for SEAT to grow and become more profitable, it must not only sell more of the cars it has already, but expand into new market segments. The Exeo's sector (upper medium) may be gradually declining, but it is still one of the very largest segments in Europe - far bigger than the coupe or convertible market, for example. It also means that in Spain especially, customers who have always bought SEAT don't have to leave the brand when they want a car of this type.
By using an existing platform, SEAT has been able to get into this market really quickly with a car that is immediately competitive - and let's face it, the A4 is a fantastic foundation to base the new contender on.
The new car indeed uses the interior of the A4 Cabriolet as its basis, which means incredibly high quality. I've driven some pre-production examples and even those were astonishingly well screwed together. UK cars will be offered stock-full of equipment for great value prices.
Pretty compelling alternative to the usual mainstream stuff in this market segment, I reckon.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Nice to see the interest in the new Exeo on here chaps - if I helps I can clarify a few things about the car.
Yes, it uses the outgoing Audi A4 as its basis, and much of the tooling was transported from Germany to Martorell. Like all SEATs, bar the Alhambra (which is produced in Portugal), the Exeo is built in Spain.
Around 40% of the Exeo is new to the car (ie different to the A4 saloon), most notably the common-rail diesel engines, plus some tweaks to the suspension to make it feel like a SEAT should, different styling front and rear to make it fall into line with the new look established by Luc with the Ibiza, and a number of other, smaller modifications.
There is a strong business logic behind the car. In order for SEAT to grow and become more profitable, it must not only sell more of the cars it has already, but expand into new market segments. The Exeo's sector (upper medium) may be gradually declining, but it is still one of the very largest segments in Europe - far bigger than the coupe or convertible market, for example. It also means that in Spain especially, customers who have always bought SEAT don't have to leave the brand when they want a car of this type.
By using an existing platform, SEAT has been able to get into this market really quickly with a car that is immediately competitive - and let's face it, the A4 is a fantastic foundation to base the new contender on.
The new car indeed uses the interior of the A4 Cabriolet as its basis, which means incredibly high quality. I've driven some pre-production examples and even those were astonishingly well screwed together. UK cars will be offered stock-full of equipment for great value prices.
Pretty compelling alternative to the usual mainstream stuff in this market segment, I reckon.

Groovy. And we can expect a Cupra when? ;)

SEAT UK PR

No plans I'm aware of at the moment Mark. 'Cupra' has always been synonymous with 'hot hatch', so has been reserved historically for the Ibiza and Leon.

That's not to say that higher performance versions aren't under consideration. Still, we'll initially offer 140 PS and 170 PS TDI diesels and the 200 PS 2.0-litre TSI petrol (as in the Leon FR), so it won't be short on poke.

SEAT UK PR

Sorry that first comment from me was a bit long, by the way! It looks like a novel on the page...

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
'Cupra' has always been synonymous with 'hot hatch', so has been reserved historically for the Ibiza and Leon.

Yes, but there's never been a junior exec saloon/wagon in the range before. Audi has 'S' and 'RS' so SEAT owners expect a Cupra. :)

That's not to say that higher performance versions aren't under consideration. Still, we'll initially offer 140 PS and 170 PS TDI diesels and the 200 PS 2.0-litre TSI petrol (as in the Leon FR), so it won't be short on poke.

Unfortunately, 140/170 diesels are everywhere in the VAG lineup nowadays and the 2L TSI, while an impressive powerplant, offers the same power and torque in the Exeo as a 13 year-old Volvo S40 T4. Hardly the flagship that SEAT needs going forwards.

I love the brand and I'm sure there are plans afoot to mate this chassis with the "right" engine. The enthusiasts among us await the results with baited breath and open wallets...

SEAT UK PR

I love the brand and I'm sure there are plans afoot to mate this chassis with the "right" engine. The enthusiasts among us await the results with baited breath and open wallets...

Glad to hear it! I'm going on the international launch of the car in a couple of weeks, so will perhaps hear some more on the subject there.

Leonidas

Will there be a 1.6tdi? if so what power. Also will there be a 1.4tsi 125bhp?
They'd be for usefull cheap tax :cartman:

SEAT UK PR

Briano: No plans for either the 1.6 TDI or 1.4 TSI in the Exeo at the moment. At least at first, the range will be kept quite simple, appealing to the real heartland of business user-choosers in particular.

That means that the 2.0-litre TDI 143 PS with common-rail injection will be (by far) the best seller. Other powerplants could potentially be added in time, but it depends on both demand and economies of scale.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sounds sensible... I doubt your mates across the hall are selling too many R36 Passat's at the moment

It's the kind of car you "want", but are never realistically going to buy.

Can't wait to get a run in one though, we had an A4 as a company beater at my last place, and a jolly nice beater it was.