Seat Extended Warranty

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
Just coming up to the end of my warranty for my leon, 1.6 DSG, is it worth extending the warranty for 250 notes a year? This is full cover warranty and a £250 excess - I'm dubious as it's given me no issues whatsoever but it is 5 years old now so thinking the warranty might be useful :confused:

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just coming up to the end of my warranty for my leon, 1.6 DSG, is it worth extending the warranty for 250 notes a year? This is full cover warranty and a £250 excess - I'm dubious as it's given me no issues whatsoever but it is 5 years old now so thinking the warranty might be useful :confused:

If you plan to keep the car - I would.

If you have LED headlights - they are £700+ each.

The DSG can get silly money to repair

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Would you rather have the cover and not need it, or need the cover and not have it?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I have the cover as I have seen the cost of some of the parts and decided i'd rather be covered.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
i was quoted £188 for another years warranty - mine is nearly 4 years old. It's a no brainer at that price IMO although I'll need to double check the small print before committing.

Deleted member 98136

I paid £165.28 for All Component Cover in November 2017. Mileage limit 10,000 miles

Car was then 3 years old and had done just over 8400 miles ( I do less than 3000 miles per year).

I presume the price you pay for the extended warranty is based on you cars current mileage plus your estimate mileage for the following year.

Funnily enough just had an emmissions warning light come on, OBD11 tells me P0141 02, car now booked in Tuesday under warranty, so it seems like I'm getting some benefit of having extended the warranty.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Just had quote of circa £160 for full cover, less than 10k miles per annum, £0 excess, this seems pretty and compatible with the warranty I have on my Honda £700 for 3 years, I plan to take them up on this since so far can't find anything better aftermarket.
Or do you know better?

Last edited:

Clintd

Feb 14, 2018
Hi quick question regarding the Seat warranty, I bought my car second hand and the Seat 3 year standard warranty runs out on the 9th of March. Am I able to take out the extended warranty with Seat, or do you have to be the original owner to take it out?
Thanks
Clint

Last edited:

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I bought her car second hand and yesterday was emailed an offer of extending the warranty, maybe contact your local dealer, did you buy it from a seat dealer and so are on the owners data base.?

Clintd

Feb 14, 2018
Hi Martin
No , I bought it from a Volkswagon dealer so I'm probably not on the Seat database. I Am going to get my wife to phone Seat tomorrow so I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Bought mine, which was six months old from Motorpoint Car Supermarket in Derby.

I had no problem extending my warranty for a further year via the local Seat dealership here in Norwich, did this just before the initial 3 years ran out at the end of Nowember 2017.

Clintd

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply.
I am able to take out the Seat extended warranty, the quote I got was for 1 year £165 with a £250 excess (if I lowered the excess it went to £250.

Just after some advice/opinions
Car came with a 12 month RAC warranty (not sure what level but trying to find out) so this ends March 2019 .
I've read a few comments about the RAC not being that clever , so would you advise taking out the Seat warranty as well or am I just wasting money?

Sorry if I have hijacked the thread from the opening post.

Deleted member 98136

Thanks for the reply.
I am able to take out the Seat extended warranty, the quote I got was for 1 year £165 with a £250 excess (if I lowered the excess it went to £250.

Just after some advice/opinions
Car came with a 12 month RAC warranty (not sure what level but trying to find out) so this ends March 2019 .
I've read a few comments about the RAC not being that clever , so would you advise taking out the Seat warranty as well or am I just wasting money?

Sorry if I have hijacked the thread from the opening post.
I can only presume in your case that they've added an excess due to the cars current mileage ?
as you don't say what mileage its done or your expected miles for the coming year.

Clintd

Feb 14, 2018
I can only presume in your case that they've added an excess due to the cars current mileage ?
as you don't say what mileage its done or your expected miles for the coming year.
Hi
Current mileage is 31500 , yearly mileage is approx 8000

Deleted member 98136

Thanks for that info ClintD - Would think that the quote you've received isn't to bad considering that info.

Just gotta way up whether to accept it or lower your excess charge, which would obviously increase the initial charge.

I'd want some sort of warranty, especially so, when I hear the quotes they want for a replacement led headlight or the infotainment system.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Bought mine, which was six months old from Motorpoint Car Supermarket in Derby.

I had no problem extending my warranty for a further year via the local Seat dealership here in Norwich, did this just before the initial 3 years ran out at the end of Nowember 2017.

Cost me £450 for an extra 2 years when buying with brand new car which I thought had to be bought with the new car instead of later on.

Some you win some you don't

exmgman

Nov 30, 2009
£250 That's a bargain. My missus just paid over £500 for 12 months extended warranty on her BINI!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I went for an extra year from new which was £400 I think....

Like with all of these things make sure it covers what you want and need it too.

I remember a 3 series I had was £700 for one years extension!!!

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
But, but, but... what about the "wear and tear" factor? What would they consider wear and tear and not cover after that period of time?

I am a bit weary of what would happen if you bring a 6/7yo DSG box with 200.000km on the clock for repair under warranty - would they just take it?

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
But, but, but... what about the "wear and tear" factor? What would they consider wear and tear and not cover after that period of time?

I am a bit weary of what would happen if you bring a 6/7yo DSG box with 200.000km on the clock for repair under warranty - would they just take it?

My thoughts exactly, I do 25k a year, car is on 40k, if at 60k 6 years old the dsg goes bust is it warranty covered or not. I had a fly wheel fail before and it was classed as wear and tear :cry:
£800 for new flywheel fitted to a dsg box