Seat Ibiza 0% finance trick

Oracle9I

I was looking at buying one of those Sport Riders 1.9 TDI, but I have decided to buy a FR 130 TDI.

Now they are advertised at £13,300 otr. but Seat are doing 0% finaance with 30 % deposit.

I have tried to haggle 800 quid off the price to 12,500 with the 0% finance deal. I have tried this twice from 2 different sales men at the same dealer.

One replied that the finace was from Seat direct and the rules said it was on the full price.
But the other one said that they could not do it due to the dealer ship was actually paying the hidden 6.9 % APR so it was already eating into their profit.
:confused:

Has any one else had these excuses and has any one been able to haggle a good deal with the 0% finance.

I would have thought Seat would have wanted to get rid of the old model ready for the new. Plus know one is buying cars at the moment due to the Governement caused credit crunch. :headhurt:

If i cant get the deal I will have to buy a Fiesta ST. dealers are dropping 2.5 k off otr price. but would reather have Ibiza.

Oracle9I.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
paid £10,995 for my 1.9 TDI SPORT. 0% INTEREST.

got a good part exchange on my old car. full tank of fuel. seat fleece. wife got a bouquet of flowers !!!!!!!!!!!

Oracle9I

Ok the car was 11k. so you got 5 quid off , and about 50 quid of derv, plus some seat covers.

Dont you feel they are taking the mick in this current climate.

Didnt you try to haggle any more pounds off, or did they offer this deal to you with out you haggling ?

Dealers usually make between 20 to 30 % profit on a car . Usually you can haggle them down to their 10 % percent profit margin.

got 2k off the wifes Gold 130 tdi 4 years ago from 18,500 to 16,500;)

Oracle9I.

Deleted member 13581

I got my 06 pre-facelift Ibiza Sport 1.9TDi PD100 brand new for £9500 with years road tax, full tank of fuel and mats all thrown in.

But then again, im a moaning sod. :lol:

Poverty

I wouldn't bother with a fiesta st... HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW ONE? :drool:

Could say the same for the MK4 though.

I dont think SEAT are having trouble shifting the current ibizas though. Seeing loads of new 1s

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Ok the car was 11k. so you got 5 quid off , and about 50 quid of derv, plus some seat covers.

Dont you feel they are taking the mick in this current climate.

Didnt you try to haggle any more pounds off, or did they offer this deal to you with out you haggling ?

Dealers usually make between 20 to 30 % profit on a car . Usually you can haggle them down to their 10 % percent profit margin.

got 2k off the wifes Gold 130 tdi 4 years ago from 18,500 to 16,500;)

Oracle9I.

haggled between 2 dealers, wouldn't drop price of car because 0%. haggled between dealers re trade in price of my old car. got a good price for my old motor.:happy:

Skisbp

Salesmen love a semi-logical reason to hold margin!!! You'd be surprised how many people never think 2wice & pay full-pop! Sorry sods... From what I've seen you need to talk to Irfan over at SeatCarsDirect.co.uk {wonder if he does other VAG cars as well?}. From what I'm aware front end mark-up is usually right around 10%(9-13%) back-end profit depends on quite a few factors. How much dealer incentive is being given, how many points the dealer can add to the real rate he secures from the bank, how many cars he's sold in a particular month/quarter/year so on... So yes the 0% finance would take away 1 of the avenues of revenue to a dealer. Yet don't forget the buyer would need to meet all the criteria for such! They should never know your intention of method of payment until the deal is done!!!:doh::redface: Enjoy your new Ibiza!:clap:

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Got 300 quid off my Ibiza FR, plus free metallic paint, chrome surrounds (interior ones), they swapped my 6cd from my leon over for free and gave me a first year's free service voucher.

That was with the 0% deal as well. Thought that represented a good saving.

Oracle9I

Ok. So if any one is interested I have managed to find a Dealer that would confirm the whole 0% thing.

It seems that for each car the dealer sell with the 0% finance the dealer has to pay £400.00 to seat finance so eating into the profit of the car.
So taking that and the cost of the FR £13,360 it should be possible to get the dealer down to about £12,500 in theory. this is about 10% off incl the 0% finace cost. 10% is the extra profit the dealer makes on a car on top of the normal profit they need to make.

By the way, no one is buying cars at the moment. Good old Gordon Brown :censored: has sorted that out. Dealers will be starting to feel this either now or very soon.

People are more concerned with their mortgage payments.

Oracle9I.